has anyone ever heard of amps made by company by the name of either Fame or Wangs(yes really) i saw some really cheap deals on a 15 watt head and 2x12 cab made by them found here. does anyone know anything about the company or how good their products are?
thanks in advance
Will.
i think they're biyang's amp sub-brand.

i haven't tried their amps, but their pedals are very dodgy in terms of reliability, in my experience, anyway.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Fame amps are made by Yerasov if I am not mistaken, at least some of them are. I actually got to try the little head a while ago and a friend of mine even bought one 'cause they were on sale for 111€ or so.

The head is surprisingly nice. The amount of gain available isn't wild, but for a nice hard-rock tone it's good. And they like being boosted, so heavier tones are also possible. Seeing as it's got 3 ECC83s in the preamp, it could probably be modded to be a little wilder than it is stock, too.
It's "British" in character, if that term is of any use. Relatively bright.

Far as the cab goes, they also have one loaded with V30s around 200€, which is a better investment.
^ i think that head you're talking about (if it's the one i'm thinking of) is made by biyang/biyang's amp company (no idea if they're separate companies, or related, or what).

the fame fender-style handwired combos are made by yerasov, as far as i'm aware.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TheQuailman
The Fame amps are made by Yerasov if I am not mistaken, at least some of them are. I actually got to try the little head a while ago and a friend of mine even bought one 'cause they were on sale for 111€ or so.

The head is surprisingly nice. The amount of gain available isn't wild, but for a nice hard-rock tone it's good. And they like being boosted, so heavier tones are also possible. Seeing as it's got 3 ECC83s in the preamp, it could probably be modded to be a little wilder than it is stock, too.
It's "British" in character, if that term is of any use. Relatively bright.

Far as the cab goes, they also have one loaded with V30s around 200€, which is a better investment.

so would you say it is somewhere between a marshall and a vox sound? because i am thinking of getting the set in the link on my original post, i would probably throw an overdrive or distortion in front of it for my dirtier tones just it to give it that extra boost, also what are the cleans like?
Dunno how good the cleans are, we just crank it and boost it all the time. It takes all sorts of pedals nicely.

It's gritty like a Marshall, but brighter than any Marshall I've played.

Dunno how well it gets along with that cab, but I'm usually weary of buying cheap cabs, even if that bundle seems like a nice deal.

If you're really concerned about cleans, you might just look at the GTA15 model instead.

Quote by Dave_Mc
^ i think that head you're talking about (if it's the one i'm thinking of) is made by biyang/biyang's amp company (no idea if they're separate companies, or related, or what).

the fame fender-style handwired combos are made by yerasov, as far as i'm aware.

Thanks for the info.
Quote by TheQuailman
Dunno how good the cleans are, we just crank it and boost it all the time. It takes all sorts of pedals nicely.

It's gritty like a Marshall, but brighter than any Marshall I've played.

Dunno how well it gets along with that cab, but I'm usually weary of buying cheap cabs, even if that bundle seems like a nice deal.

If you're really concerned about cleans, you might just look at the GTA15 model instead.

Thanks for the info.

i just found a video of someone playing one these amps and the cleans were quite good, i would probably put some chorus or reverb on it though
Quote by TheQuailman

Thanks for the info.

no problem (assuming the info i gave is right, lol)

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i always thought they were chinese.

yerasov has their own line right?

at any rate the yerasov stuff i've seen has been pretty sweet.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
yeah i think so. i think the couple of fames which are yerasovs are just rebranded yerasov stock models, but i could be wrong.

i think basically they just contact various random companies to build stuff for them under their own brand name (thomann does it too).

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Actually if you get a chance to pick up a yerasov/fame piece you really should.

I really like their stuff.

here's a dual recto clone I believe

Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror

from what i have read yerasov/wangs/fame(or however many brother companies there are)amps do have quite good build quality and a decent sound for the super low prices they go for
Quote by AcousticMirror

dangit, i have enough gas as it is

i thought the recto clone was made by some of the polish amp manufactuers? laboga maybe? I forget (and it was only internet hearsay i read, so it could easily be bs).

that pic you posted does look pretty similar to the yerasov ones, though (in as much as i can recognise parts and build, which is not very much ).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?