Hi guys!

So, currently, I play in D standard with .10 - .52 elixir nanowebs. I absolutely love elixir strings now, it's the first time I bought them but I find that strings like D'Addario wear off way too fast.

So my question is, I'm gonna play in C standard, but I couldn't find any .11-.56 elixir strings ( I live in the Netherlands ), and was wondering if anyone knew of a string brand of the same quality as elixirs.

Tl;dr Need .11-.56 strings, elixir or similar quality.

Thanks.

EDIT: I can find plenty of strings with a thicker high E string( for example, 12 - 52 ) but it's really the lower strings that I want thicker.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Last edited by LordPino at Nov 23, 2011,
Are you playing on an acoustic? Those are some really thick strings you're talking about there, I'm assuming acoustic...

If you're looking for similar quality, I recommend Dean Markley Alchemy strings. Not quite as slick as Elixirs but they don't squeal like D'Addario EXP's. I can't say with authority whether the Dean Markley's will last as long as Elixir, but the sound and feel are superb to me.
Gear
Taylor 214CE
PRS SE 245, PRS Tremonti Custom
Carvin V3 short stack
Pedals
AMT R2|Morley Mark Tremonti Wah|Mojo Hand Rook|MXR Black Label Chorus|Source Audio EQ|TC-E Flashback, Hall of Fame & Vortex|VFE Enterprise|Way Huge Swollen Pickle
Quote by music_warrior
Are you playing on an acoustic? Those are some really thick strings you're talking about there, I'm assuming acoustic...

If you're looking for similar quality, I recommend Dean Markley Alchemy strings. Not quite as slick as Elixirs but they don't squeal like D'Addario EXP's. I can't say with authority whether the Dean Markley's will last as long as Elixir, but the sound and feel are superb to me.

Actually, electric, but as I said I'm gonna play in C standard. I'm really into 90's Scandinavian death metal bands like In Flames etc and they all played in C standard
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
Put 2 different strings gauges on your guitar? Maybe like 11's for the low e, a & d and a set of 10's for the g,b + high e.
Ernie balls? Thomann has elixers AFAIK..

@Music Warrior: i use 11-54's in drop D..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by Tunder250
Ernie balls? Thomann has elixers AFAIK..

@Music Warrior: i use 11-54's in drop D..

Holy crap. And here I've been thinking I'm a badazz for using Ernie Ball STHB's (10-52). FWIW, the STHB's do alright for C-tuning, as long as you don't pound on them.

For LordPino's use, I'm thinking either the Power Slinky or Not Even Slinky. They make them coated these days, although I personally didn't have great results with the coated; went dead quicker than the regular ones.
Gear
Taylor 214CE
Carvin V3 short stack
Pedals
AMT R2|Morley Mark Tremonti Wah|Mojo Hand Rook|MXR Black Label Chorus|Source Audio EQ|TC-E Flashback, Hall of Fame & Vortex|VFE Enterprise|Way Huge Swollen Pickle
there's no reason to go that high for c standard, I use 10s personally. Check out DRs tho, only brand I use.

EDIT: If you're worried about them wearing out fast, whip ypur hands off before you play and whipe the strings off after.
Last edited by winterXsolstice at Nov 23, 2011,
Quote by winterXsolstice
there's no reason to go that high for c standard, I use 10s personally. Check out DRs tho, only brand I use.

so basically, my good ol' .10-52s will be able to handle C standard?
If so, I probably have to adjust a few things to keep my intonation alright ( which is no problem ).. I just don't like it when my strings get all floppy on me.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
Quote by LordPino
so basically, my good ol' .10-52s will be able to handle C standard?
If so, I probably have to adjust a few things to keep my intonation alright ( which is no problem ).. I just don't like it when my strings get all floppy on me.

10-52's will do fine with C standard. Drop C, on the other hand, you'll want to make sure not to bang on them. Flop city.
Gear
Taylor 214CE
Carvin V3 short stack
Pedals
Quote by music_warrior
10-52's will do fine with C standard. Drop C, on the other hand, you'll want to make sure not to bang on them. Flop city.

Eh, but C standard is lower( well, all strings except the low E string ) than drop C, why would they get sloppy in drop C and not in C standard?
Or do you mean drop A# ( standard C but then dropped )?
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
Quote by LordPino
Eh, but C standard is lower( well, all strings except the low E string ) than drop C, why would they get sloppy in drop C and not in C standard?
Or do you mean drop A# ( standard C but then dropped )?

Yeah, I meant Drop A#. I gotta get clear on the names of my tunings.
Gear
Taylor 214CE
Carvin V3 short stack
Pedals
I disagree, I think .010 is way too loose for C standard. I play in C too and used .010s for a while because it's all I had but the high strings were really annoying. Easy to do big bends but they would go out of tune slightly more often.

I've never tried these strings, but it says they are coated... http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/cleartone-drop-tune-electric-guitar-strings-drop-d/107006000000000

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.