I am looking into buying some new pickups for my Les Paul.
I play mainly punk and hardrock but also play some blues and jazz. Budget isn't an issue yet. What suggestions do you have?
Thanks
What equipment are you using right now? (Like, what guitar exactly, amp, pedals, etc.)
What don't you like about your current sound?

If you could answer that I feel like we could help you a lot more.
Quote by Strats&Cats
What equipment are you using right now? (Like, what guitar exactly, amp, pedals, etc.)
What don't you like about your current sound?

If you could answer that I feel like we could help you a lot more.

I am currently running a Epi Les paul Custom into a Vox AD30VT-XL. I am looking for a brighter sound particularly from the neck pickup. I would like a more vinage sound (so no EMG's).
Quote by jmaguire
I am currently running a Epi Les paul Custom into a Vox AD30VT-XL. I am looking for a brighter sound particularly from the neck pickup. I would like a more vinage sound (so no EMG's).

dimarzios!!!!!!!!!! theyll give you what you are looking for...just go on there website and listen to the ones and see what you like
Quote by Wisthekiller
Go to the which pickup thread or take it to GG&A. Don't make threads here about it.

Chesagrinwh0re, don't recommend an entire brand with MANY different type of pickups, including ones that would be wrong for what the requester wants.

hey if you would read what i said you would see...i sad dimarzio and just go on there website and listen to them all and see what he likes...whats so wrong with that? calm down just trying to help.
Quote by cheseagrinwh0re
hey if you would read what i said you would see...i sad dimarzio and just go on there website and listen to them all and see what he likes...whats so wrong with that? calm down just trying to help.

I am calm. And specific examples would be better than the whole brand. Give him a place to start. For his case I'd recommend the 36th Anniversary PAF. Sorry for coming off as harsh, that was not the intent.

But seriously, "Which pickups?" thread. It's a sticky.
Quote by Wisthekiller
I am calm. And specific examples would be better than the whole brand. Give him a place to start. For his case I'd recommend the 36th Anniversary PAF. Sorry for coming off as harsh, that was not the intent.

But seriously, "Which pickups?" thread. It's a sticky.

yeah i get you im sorry...but yes holy crap those are some great pickups man...im getting a pair for my rg but they have a more rock/metal lean...he said he wanted vintage right? id go for duper distortions maybe...they are good for 80's, 90's metal and pretty good with vintage