Page 1 of 2
... Are less informed about what is going on in this world than people who don't actually follow the news and headlines at all.

Research shows that people who told a survey that Fox News was their main source of news were 18% less properly informed than people who said they didn't actively follow any newssource. A whopping 53% knew that former Egyptian Minister Hosni Mubarak was overthrown. So more or less half of them still had no idea, even though it's been over 9 months now...

Fun detail: it seems that people who entered The Daily Show as their main news show were informed best of all. Power to Jon Steward!

Discuss?
who's jon steward?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
It's doesn't take a university research team to figure out FOX news viewers are a bunch of moronic ignoramuses.
Quote by Butt Rayge
It's doesn't take a university research team to figure out FOX news viewers are a bunch of moronic ignoramuses.

But hopefully people will now finally LEARN IT DAMNIT.

Also it seems that Foxies are also less properly informed about politics but I guess that's not even worth mentioning because all knew that too...
why dont they show this on fox news?
that way, everyone can be more informed, right? isn't that how things work in a democracy?

People choose their own level, if they have a lack of intelligence they can and will watch only that channel which is porportional and equal with their mind and way of thinking and will only absorb the information THEY want.

Fox News is full of demagogs for my part.

@Harvey_Swick; eating your own poo is also not-prohibited, but it's just not as normal as eating normal food, but hey, it's democracy!
Quote by AmirT
People choose their own level, if they have a lack of intelligence they can and will watch only that channel which is porportional and equal with their mind and way of thinking and will only absorb the information THEY want.

Fox News is full of demagogs for my part.

@Harvey_Swick; eating your own poo is also not-prohibited, but it's just not as normal as eating normal food, but hey, it's democracy!

^

so, if intelligence is determined through one's genes, would you say there is a genetic link to what types of viewers certain channels get?

Oh god, here we go again.....
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by behind_you
shitstorm.jpg

Yeah because UG is just full of FOX news apologists.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Im not surprised, they are such retards they actually report on crap like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFWV0XbbvEk

what do u expect
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
I'm not going to jump in all guns blazing based on one study I know little about, but generally speaking: FoxNews is a disease. A ****ing plague of ignorance mongering.
I don't like Fox News, don't get me wrong, but the study is iffy at best. There are some, at the very least, questionable assertions which are presumed to be true in the study which participants were asked about. However, even if you grant that they got all of their facts right, Fox News viewers were barely less informed than anyone than anyone else to such a degree it's potentially negligible or barely significant. (It may be in the margin of error, but if it isn't the difference is small enough to not matter that much at all.)
Last edited by Craigo at Nov 23, 2011,
people who watch fox news generally watch for things that support their opinions
Quote by theunforgivn
No news program is completely unbiased or tilted. It's not about news anymore, it's about making money and well.... making money.
http://www.umich.edu/~newsbias/institutional.html

All news tend to operate in a narrative. Because of this you can't have completely unbiased views (unless you crammed in so many points of view no-one would watch it).
Quote by theunforgivn
No news program is completely unbiased or tilted. It's not about news anymore, it's about making money and well.... making money.
http://www.umich.edu/~newsbias/institutional.html

It's not about being biased, but rather about providing good reportage to your viewers. If half of a station's viewers don't know of, in my eyes, a significant event well over half a year after it happened, you're doing a bad job as a news station if you ask me.
Quote by MadClownDisease
I'm not going to jump in all guns blazing based on one study I know little about, but generally speaking: FoxNews is a disease. A ****ing plague of ignorance mongering.

*Looks at user name*
Hmm... It appears YOU are in fact a disease.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by Craigo
All news tend to operate in a narrative. Because of this you can't have completely unbiased views (unless you crammed in so many points of view no-one would watch it).

Even two perspectives are better than the one that Fox shows. They wouldn't lose their undoubtedly easily distractible viewership by interviewing 2 people who hate gays and oppose marriage and 2 people who support gay marriage instead of 100% of the interviews shown expressing the same opinion.

Of course, they wouldn't get paid if they weren't making propaganda.
Maybe I'm just naive, but other than stuff like Bill O'Reilly and Glen Beck, I don't see that much of a difference between Fox News, CNN and CSNBC. It all tells you shit that's happening. I mean, if Canada bombs Antartica, they're all gonna tell you that Canada ****ing bombed Antartica.
Quote by CaptDin
Maybe I'm just naive, but other than stuff like Bill O'Reilly and Glen Beck, I don't see that much of a difference between Fox News, CNN and CSNBC. It all tells you shit that's happening. I mean, if Canada bombs Antartica, they're all gonna tell you that Canada ****ing bombed Antartica.

But fox news will tell you that 100% of Americans think that homosexual, left-wing liberal members of Al-Qeada are responsible.
Quote by Butt Rayge
But fox news will tell you that 100% of Americans think that homosexual, left-wing liberal members of Al-Qeada are responsible.

...This thread again
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Quote by Anchr
... Are less informed about what is going on in this world than people who don't actually follow the news and headlines at all.

Research shows that people who told a survey that Fox News was their main source of news were 18% less properly informed than people who said they didn't actively follow any newssource. A whopping 53% knew that former Egyptian Minister Hosni Mubarak was overthrown. So more or less half of them still had no idea, even though it's been over 9 months now...

Fun detail: it seems that people who entered The Daily Show as their main news show were informed best of all. Power to Jon Steward!

Discuss?

First of all, percentages can be made to bolster one side or another. I'm not taking the side of Fox News viewers, but I take survey percentages with a grain of salt. Secondly, John Stewart does not report news. He takes already reported news stories and pokes fun at various political leaders. The upside of his program is that viewers get an overview of what the news is and the comedy attracts more viewers. In percentage terms this equals Daily Show viewers being the most informed.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
^Wait a minute....Someone who knows what they're talking about in this thread?!
Quick everyone attack him!

/sarcasm
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
i cant tell who is trolling, who is stupid, and who is butthurt in this thread.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Two things that set me off:

Quote by article
The poll surveyed New Jersey residents about the uprisings in Egypt and the Middle East, and where they get their news sources.

That would be Fox News viewers are most uninformed in NEW JERSEY. LRN2POPULATIONvs.SAMPLE. New Jersey is not a suitable substitute for all of America, Doii.

2. Huff-Post.
North face jackets is a favored classic for a reason. Warm and functional for outdoor exploration everywhere . North face outlet are the essential outdoor equipments for us in the winner. When we are sticking to do sports in winner, North face outlet store can help you to free from the cold. Made of the windproof and wearable material, the jackets are able to keep our bodies warm without the heavy layer of clothing. Put on the North face sale, and you can reach the highest mount you ever dream for, of course our motto is: Anything is possible. Never stops exploring, even in the cold winner. Get the wonderful and magic jackets from North face jackets shop and reach your goal now! When this winner coming, you will still be warm with the North Face we offered! North face sale Biliverdin become more and more popular. And this beautiful jacket is very suitable for trip, light, waterproof and breathable, which is full plastic jacket design and superior compression. In the cold weather, and When you start skiing, not only will want a high-quality skis, you also need good quality clothes, especially a good ski jacket. North face outlet store is your best choice. Our jackets website is offer high quality North face jackets, so you can come to our shop and have a look.
The Daily Show and UG are the only places I get news from.

The news bores me.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
i cant tell who is trolling, who is stupid, and who is butthurt in this thread.

Anybody who disputes that FOX news creates harmful propaganda is stupid, anybody who defends them for doing it is trolling, and I'm butthurt that the focus of this discussion is 'fox iz dum lol,' rather than something important like the fact they're full of shit.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Anybody who disputes that FOX news creates harmful propaganda is stupid, anybody who defends them for doing it is trolling, and I'm butthurt that the focus of this discussion is 'fox iz dum lol,' rather than something important like the fact they're full of shit.

Yes FOX is dumb, but so is anyone who thinks that Jersey is America.
Quote by L2112Lif
Yes FOX is dumb, but so is anyone who thinks that Jersey is America.

I didn't even read the article. I'm not worried about who is more informed, I just jumped at the opportunity to rage at FOX.
Quote by Butt Rayge

Fox news has a license to lie.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 2