You have to try and explain how Kanye West is not the best musician of this century

Page 1 of 3

This guy here has produced what is easily the best album of the last 10 years "My beautiful dark twisted fantasy" If you haven't listened to the whole album then you can not judge.
He is a genius and you can see that in all of his work since the college dropout, He has worked with a lot of other artists and every single time you can see his genius.

His flow is unbeatable and the instrumental work to his songs are amazing.

Tell me that he is not in the top 5 musicians of all time
He's black
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
D

Too obvious. I'm not failing you however, as it was at least nicely formatted.

I suggest you actually read the coursebook again and try some more of the practice tests.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Paramore.
Because

Even worse.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
You are obviously trolling but nonetheless I kind of agree with you, we are just talking about the 21st century right?

But his flow is not unbeatable his rapping is average at best and he is not one of the top 5 musicians of all time.

I can't wait for elitists to drop into this thread
I own the album. I do have to give the man credit for his good sense of building textures and catchy melodies, but honestly:
1. the instrumental piano intro for All of the lights is such a weak little piece of music, packed with cliches, his instrumental work is NOT impressive.
2. Unbeatable flow? Listen to MF Doom, P.O.S, Sage Francis, Mos Def for far better lyrics and better flow.

Not the best musician of this century. Not even close.
Quote by mikeyknowsbetter
How am i trolling?

Im being deadly serious. Like i swear on my life im not even joking

Yo Mikey, I'm happy for u and imma let u finish, but Beethoven was the greatest musician of all time. OF ALL TIME!
Quote by EndTheRapture51
How am i trolling?

Im being deadly serious. Like i swear on my life im not even joking

Well, I really could not care less. Kudos to you that you can be honest with a rap artist being your favourite on a forum like this. I do not agree with you and I don't think many will.

Good for you however.
You know why he isn't? Because he is a douche.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User

Yo, TS, I'm really happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but I just got to say even I know that I ain't one the top 5 musicians of all time! OF ALL TIME!!
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Nov 23, 2011,
Kanye's a great producer but I prefer The Neptunes' beats more.
talk to me
and i better not hear a word
do me baby
i better not feel it girl
i still got one bullet left in my nine
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

lovecrimes -- frank ocean

Tumblr
So?
His still unbelievable as a musician

Learn2grammer
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by Metallicuh
Learn2grammer

Grammer...
Nice.

The whole Grammar Nazi thing is so old now

Anyway, no one has given me a reason yet?

How can you argue with subjective views?

Bob Dylan is a better musician. He's done folk, rock, blues and pop. Mixed different styles and managed to be the best songwriter in each of these genres. In my opinion.
He's also won prizes for his lyrics and poetry, plays harmonica, piano, guitar yada yada.

What else do you want to hear?

I could mention 200 musicians I'd rate higher than Kanye West. But it's all subjectivity. I could argue a person doing an album worth of songs with just one chord (any except the Em) and he could be the best musician ever as he manages to write the exact music I like the most. That wouldn't make it objectively wrong, nor would it objectively right in any way.

But I'm digging too deep in a troll thread now.

Bllaaargh
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Nov 23, 2011,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
How can you argue with subjective views?

Bob Dylan is a better musician. He's done folk, rock, blues and pop. Mixed different styles and managed to be the best songwriter in each of these genres. In my opinion.
He's also won prizes for his lyrics and poetry, plays harmonica, piano, guitar yada yada.

What else do you want to hear?

I could mention 200 musicians I'd rate higher than Kanye West.

Right, Kanye West isn't even in my top 5 favourite musician/bands. You can't deny how good he is though, this is the whole point of the thread, everyone knows that he's the best but won't accept it

The whole Grammar Nazi thing is so old now

Anyway, no one has given me a reason yet?

He can only write hip-hop and he's not particularly good at any instrument. There.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Right, Kanye West isn't even in my top 5 favourite musician/bands. You can't deny how good he is though, this is the whole point of the thread, everyone knows that he's the best but won't accept it

Aaah you are trolling. I wasn't certain.
theres no such thing as best musician
Quote by devourke
im a raging faggot

Quote by fail
me2 and everyone picks on me

Quote by itamar100

i have been bullied before and i know what its like. its ****ing horrible and thats why i feel so strongly about fags like me.
I think Horsedick.MPEG is the greatest rapper in the world. When his album dropped at Tower Records, muthafukas got killed!
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I think that Kanye is ****ing amazing as well. I don't think he's a particularly great rapper, but as a songwriter and producer, absolutely brilliant. And yes, a total douche. Whatevs
My God, it's full of stars!
Page 1 of 3