Remake a movie, with a pivotal twist.

My contribution: Look Who's Talking (the seminal 1989 work that threw the dashing good looks of John Travolta, and the pre-est of pre-fat Kirstie Alley, into the metaphorical wooden barrel that is Bruce Willis voicing a baby, and tossed it down the Niagara Falls of Romantic Comedy) stands tall beside the titans of 80s cinéma. It didn't have the biting social critique of The Breakfast Club, the probing inquiries into nationalism of Top Gun, or the Asimovian wit of Ghostbusters, no, but it struck out to give a voice to the voiceless.

Basically, it was a Godard film without French people.

Now, user your inner vision and go on a journey with me. A journey to the future of film, storytelling, and art itself.

Look Who's Talking, but the genitals talk.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
i can't really think of any, so i'll say that i would absolutely never like to see remakes (or sequels for that matter) of UHF or any of those classic Mel Brooks films (Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, etc. i think those are movies that are very much "of their time" and simply would not work if they were remade now.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
The Truman Show. Made into a movie where you actually don't get the plot by just looking at the cover of the movie or reading the title.

I'd prefer the plot to be executed in a way that you'd think that Truman is insane and paranoid. Not that you believe him after 2 minutes. The movie starts with some light from the stage/production falling down into the street. And about there you understand the entire plot.

It's a fantastic idea for a movie, but the movie doesn't really fascinate me the way it would be by say Orson Welles or someone doing the movie. Make it into a dark, dystopic movie about a man you believe to be mentally ill and then in the end of the movie, taa-daa. He WAS being watched the entire time, he was right and he wasn't mentally ill.

Or rather, I wish the original The Truman Show was made into this. Now the idea is wasted forever sadly.

So, in conclusion. No remakes. But the above if the movie had never been made.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Nov 23, 2011,
Believe it or not, I'm actually pretty tired of movie remakes!
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Believe it or not, I'm actually pretty tired of movie remakes!

As the threadstarter, I have to put you in time out for taking this thread seriously.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
The Evil dead series, they shouldn't be remade, but more like a new chapter with ash being older and encountering the monsters again
gear :epiphone g400 custom
squier bullet strat
orange crush 15r
boss ds-2
fame ml-30
red hill CDG-3 SEQ

beaners gonna kick you in the face