Hi all,

I just moved into a new place and it's too small for my current amp set up, so I am looking for something smaller. Last night I went to guitar center and bought a Fender Mustang I, but I really don't like the sound. I'm looking for an amp with a good clean sound. I have a Digitech RP500 processor so I really don't need an amp with built in effects. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'd like to return the Mustang to Guitar Center tonight and pick up a replacement before the black Friday madness begins (I can't take advantage of BF deals because I used a Groupon certificate to purchase the amp). Thanks in advance for your advice.
Im not sure what you can get in the US, but here in the UK you would strugle to get much for that $. The best I could suggest is try and get something second hand, maybe check out Craigs list. Or save up a bit more. Sorry, it isn't overly helpful advice but I think you'll struggle to get something for that price that sounds decent.
I've got to purchase it at guitar center new, because I am using a gift certificate. My first question is whether it's worth buying an amp with built in effects given that I already have a Digitech RP500 multi-effects processor. Here are a few amps I am considering (they're all within my budget), advice would be very much appreciated:

1. Peavey Vypyr 15

2. Peavey Rage 258

3. Fender 25R Frontman Series II

4. Vox Pathfinder

5. Fender Vibro Champ XD (this is at the very top of my budget)
Roland Cube.

I'm surprised the Mustang didn't have a good enough clean tone for you.

For $150 you're probably not going to to find any extravagant amp with amazing cleans.

Maybe a keyboard amp since you are using your RP500
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
any thoughts on whether I should get an amp with built in effects or not? The Fender Frontman is on sale right now for $79.99, and the Vibro-Champ XD is $149. A keyboard amy is an interesting idea.
Quote by wishiwastrey
any thoughts on whether I should get an amp with built in effects or not? The Fender Frontman is on sale right now for $79.99, and the Vibro-Champ XD is $149. A keyboard amy is an interesting idea.

I personally would get the Vibro champ
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Thanks, maybe I'll spend some time playing with it. Is it ok to run my RP500 through the Mustang I, I wonder if that's why I'm having so much trouble getting a clean sound?
Thanks! I'm a huge Phish fan, if I can get this thing to emulate Trey Anastasio's rig, it'll be a keeper for sure!
Quote by Guitarbaddie
I personally would get the Vibro champ

I second this if you don't like the mustang. Wired because I bought the mustang because of the cleans.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I must be doing something wrong, because I've had a hard time getting a good clean sound on the Mustang, I'll play with it tonight. I have 30 days to return it if I don't like it.