So what guitar do you regret selling/giving away?

For me it'd have to be my Epi LP Studio. It was nothing special compared with other instruments but it was very reliable with a beefy sound and I really began to connect to it...
For me it would have to be my ESP LTD M100FM and maybe my Ibanez Art100, the art had some of the worst fretwork ive seen on any guitar but now I have fret leveling tools. But the LTD had the most comfortable neck I have ever played and I loved the body shape and the maple cap on it.
My first Les Paul thats in My profile Pic.... and that Randall cab.. Also in the Picture... HA once again depression is sinking in. I got a new one but its just not the same.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Probably doesn't count, but i stayed over at my uncle's house once and because of fanancial problems, he put up a guitar for sale that he owned since he was gigging in his own blues band for a living. That was about 30 years ago.

It sold on the day that i was there. It was a 1967 Gibson ES-335
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 23, 2011,
My Jackson RR5. I replaced it with an ESP Horizon, but I realized after I got the ESP that I really need a V shape to be truly happy. I will be buying a DBZ guitar soon though...
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
I had a 1971 Fender Vibrolux 100 Watt tube amp. It was given to me as a "gift" from the church that I played at. They bought it brand new for the church band, but the guitarist left and it sat in a dusty closet for thirty five years. So they gave it to me because "no one else is going to play it." It had the price tag still on it... Somewhat, anyway.
The RG in my profile pic. I slapped EMG's in it and i loved the way it played and looked. Had to sell it in a bind a few years back.

That and a PRS SE i traded for a MIJ Ibanez Sabre. The SE just sounded amazing, asian made or not.
Last edited by vbshredder at Nov 23, 2011,
(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

I MISS IT SO MUCH
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
one of my gear regrets came back to haunt my bank balance recently. there was an old hagstrom i played in a guitar shop about a year ago that i couldn't afford until it was already sold. later the shop closed down. recently a new shop across the road from the old one opened, and the guy in there said "hey if you like old les pauls i've got this guitar you might like to check out, i don't really wanna sell it but i need the money" and went to his car and got this hagstrom case. inside the case was that very same guitar i'd regretted not buying a year earlier.

i'm now half-way towards affording it and since the current owner doesn't really want to sell it he's keeping until i can pay for it

other than that i have no regrets except buying a huge board for my pedals only to discover after 2 gigs how retardedly impractical it was for me since i only really "need" an overdrive pedal.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
one of my gear regrets came back to haunt my bank balance recently. there was an old hagstrom i played in a guitar shop about a year ago that i couldn't afford until it was already sold. later the shop closed down. recently a new shop across the road from the old one opened, and the guy in there said "hey if you like old les pauls i've got this guitar you might like to check out, i don't really wanna sell it but i need the money" and went to his car and got this hagstrom case. inside the case was that very same guitar i'd regretted not buying a year earlier.

i'm now half-way towards affording it and since the current owner doesn't really want to sell it he's keeping until i can pay for it

other than that i have no regrets except buying a huge board for my pedals only to discover after 2 gigs how retardedly impractical it was for me since i only really "need" an overdrive pedal.

Holy shit dude, that's pretty awesome!
Nothing. If I feel for even a SECOND that I may regret letting some piece of gear go, I keep it. There's nothin' worse than regret
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
My Fender Jagstang. I'm always gonna regret selling that.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
owned tons of guitars over the years but really only regret not keeping 1. i had an early 80s BC Rich Mockingbird (son of a rich series which were the budget version made by wayne charvel). didn't have all the fancy electronics and the neck was bolt on. it did have dimarzio pickups and a leo quan badass bridge. played great and was a really deep midnite blue which looked really sharp. oh it was US made of course. traded it to get the brand new Kramer Pacer with that new fangled floyd rose trem. in hindsight the BCR was a way better guitar. last one i saw on Ebay was $1500 and wasn't the same color.
I regret selling the EC-1000 (JB/'59 model) I had, but I needed a new amp worse than I needed another quality guitar. I'm not big on LP styled guitars but the neck was really comfortable and the fret work was superb on mine. In the future I might try to pick up the cheaper version without Abalonitis, hopefully they'll find a cure for the epidemic in Korea..
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I have only sold one guitar I have owned, Thus far I have not missed it at all. Other than that the only other guitars are two old cheap things I have given away, one of them twice, and both have come back to me each time... seems no one else wants them either.

I more regret not buying certain guitars even if I couldn't afford them really when I had the chance
I don't regret selling anything of my own. I do, however, regret selling my brothers MiM Strat. I'm dying for a guitar with single coils.
I also somewhat regret not doing much research before I bought my first set-up. I started with an Epi LP and a Fender G-DEC. If I had done any research whatsoever, I would have gone with a used PRS SE and a Vypyr, or something more rock/metal oriented (not that the LP wasn't, I just didn't try out as many guitars as I should have). All has been righted now, though.
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
I regret selling my 2000 LP Studio, it was a very nice player. I got desprate about 5 yrs ago and sold it because I only used it about 2 times a yr. It would be nice to have that again, since I cant warant buying another Gibson.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My Takamine EG523SC

It was signed by Tommy Emmanuel too. But it wasn't too expensive as far as guitars go, so I could probably get another one. It was a beautiful guitar. Sorta like an acoustic Les Paul. But it was HUGE. I loved it.
Ibanez RG350MZ. I loked everything onthe guitar except the tremolo. If only the tremolo had become more stable, then I would've been able to keep playing with it until now.
For me, I had an Ibanez Destroyer back in '83-84. wish I still had it.
Guitars:
Agile AL 3000
Alvarez AD60SC
Ibanez GRX20
Squire Standard Strat

Amp:
Peavey Valveking 2x12

Effects:
Digitech Grunge
Behringer Tube Overdrive TO800
Digitech GNX3

i thought losing my virginity would be better than that
Gibson Nighthawk with an angled bridge humbucker and mini humbucker at the neck. Heaven. Too bad the neck ended up needing extensive work because of either the previous owner or a factory defect. Pardon me while I pour a 40 on the concrete. Hopefully, since they're reissuing them, they'll put out the same model again.
I am a fake mountain.
Not sure if this counts but I miss WholeLottaIzzy's LP Supreme. Although I only saw pics, she was gorgeous

Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I've had a few nice guitars i regret selling...Cherry red Gibson Faded Flying V, A Schecter C-7 Hellraiser and an older model PRS Santana SE, the old one with the "/" looking inlays on it. I question why i ever decided to sell tham
Quote by JKHC
Not sure if this counts but I miss WholeLottaIzzy's LP Supreme. Although I only saw pics, she was gorgeous

(Invalid img)

I don't miss it at all. And mine was in Desertburst. It definitely looked nice. But it played alright and I preferred my Les Paul Standard.