Hello, I'm taking guitar seriously now e.g., Recording and Live.
I play mostly hard rock/Metal. I have a Fender Stratocaster, Boss me 50 and Fender Fm212r.

But I'm not getting the tone I want, should i get a new guitar, new amp or new effects rack? Thanks! (i'm aware there are threads similar to this but not my exact question)
New amp without a doubt. Then maybe a guitar more suitable for metal since single coils aren't really the best for metal, not saying it can't be done in fact i do it with mine but you would get more kick and more chug for metal, and less noise too

You could always get a high quality processor, say the TC electronics G something, maybe if you are seriously after some great tones the Axe FX. The line 6 pod 500hd is also something to check out
Thanks man, Christmas is coming up (you Probably know) i had my eyes on a Line 6 pod hd pro. but I'm wondering that it might not solve my problems, If i was to get another guitar it would probably be a schecter Hell-raiser CR-1, would that help?
Quote by Poisonouspot
Thanks man, Christmas is coming up (you Probably know) i had my eyes on a Line 6 pod hd pro. but I'm wondering that it might not solve my problems, If i was to get another guitar it would probably be a schecter Hell-raiser CR-1, would that help?

A hellraiser would be better than your strat for metal but a new amp should be your priority. A nice tube amp would do you well, and you can use the boss with it for effects.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
new amp and whack a humbucker in the bridge position of your strat
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Is my amp that bad? i think its the guitar, the single coils don't have a very strong sound,
but i don't want to be the case that i spend €1000 on a new guitar and have the same problem.
which is why i said new amp + bridge humbucker.

jeez.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Amp-Blackstar of your choosing. HT series is great, go for the HT-20 combo (don't bother with the people who say it sucks because it's not all tube, it sounds great. Listen to demos yourself instead of people's opinions).

Dimarzio makes GREAT pickups (I assume you'll be sticking with passives). How about a The Breed?

I'm going for what I consider hard rock/metal so what's ideal to you may be different. This is based off rock being Guns N Roses, ACDC, and Aerosmith and metal being Megadeth, Metallica, and Venom.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Amp-Blackstar of your choosing. HT series is great, go for the HT-20 combo (don't bother with the people who say it sucks because it's not all tube, it sounds great. Listen to demos yourself instead of people's opinions).

Dimarzio makes GREAT pickups (I assume you'll be sticking with passives). How about a The Breed?

I'm going for what I consider hard rock/metal so what's ideal to you may be different. This is based off rock being Guns N Roses, ACDC, and Aerosmith and metal being Megadeth, Metallica, and Venom.

It's not a matter of all tube or not.

I think the HT series sounds bland and lacks any unique characteristics, and they could be cheaper.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Wisthekiller
If you mean Mesa Boogie then yes, both those are good to most people (in case MesaBougie is a cheap knockoff version).

Haha, sorry Mesa Boogie, what would be the best tube amp at a budget price?
Budget is 700 but i wanna use a little bit for guitar so maybe €500? i don't want something too loud but loud enough e.g. 20 watt. Also good for recording
Quote by Poisonouspot
any recommended amps or pickups? budget is roughly €700

traynor ycv50b on thomann (600 euro or so?)

pick up an overdrive while you're at it (you can pick up tubescreamer clones for 50 euro, if not less).

pickup it'd depend on what you have left, but you should be able to pick up a decent humbucker for under 50 euro from the likes of irongear or tonerider (haven't tried them, but i hear good things).

Quote by Poisonouspot
MesaBougie or bogner any good?

sure but they're not 700 euro
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Wisthekiller
Go with Dave MC's suggestion.

You mean, the Traynor YCV50B from Thomman?

Quote by Dave_Mc
traynor ycv50b on thomann (600 euro or so?)

RIP Adam
Last edited by SexyLikeAPig at Nov 23, 2011,
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?