I was looking on the internet for common interview questions. I came upon one that was about finding the occurrences of certain characters in an array. The solution written right below it was in my opinion very elegant. But then another thought came to my mind that, this solution is way better than what came to my mind. So even though I know the solution (that most probably someone with a better IQ had provided) my IQ was still the same. So that means that even though i may know the answer, it still wasn't mine. hence if that question was asked and i was hired upon my answer to that question i couldn't reproduce that same elegance in my other ventures within the organization

My question is what do you guys think about such "borrowed intelligence"? Is it good? Do you feel that if solutions are found off the internet, it makes you think in that same more elegant way?
Quote by Maynard James Keenan

Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
lol you're asking the internet about asking the internet. Do you see your problem?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
it's fine if they are aqueous solutions, otherwise don't bother.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Most_Triumphant
lol you're asking the internet about asking the internet. Do you see your problem?

Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
i think "borrowing intelligence" can be a good way to learn and understand new things.

if you can understand what your borrowing, how its used, why it works, etc then that knowledge isn't just a memorized answer to a question.

for example, you can learn how to play a barred A minor chord, but if you look at the chord and understand what intervals your playing, you can build minor chords anywhere you want. once you understand how to build new chords with this borrowed information is it still borrowed?
The internet is a medium of information. Fee information, given by anyone. So a lot of it is stupid, but some of it is pretty good. So if you know how to research, the internet is awesome.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
yes, TS lets burn all the books too.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Well, the internet isn't the problem. You'd have to get rid of radio, TV, books, and everyone you ever talk to who might know something.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.