I'm looking at buying a 7 string. as of right now I have a Schecter Omen 6 and an Ibanez RG370DX. I really like both guitars and can't decide what brand to go with for my first 7 string. I was wondering if any of you had any input on either the 7321 or Omen 7.
-Gear-
Ibanez RGA7BK
ENGL Fireball 100
Crate 4x12 w/ Jensen Mods
Randall 4x12
Digitech tube overdrive
Boss NS-2
I can vouch for the 7321 as a fantastic starter 7 string, but change the pickups if you decide to go for one (stock ones are a bit muddy). I prefer my 7321 to my guitar teacher's Schecter Blackjack C7X that cost 3 times as much (including the pup change), mainly due to the Ibanez having a much thinner and more comfortable neck, at least to me.

Never tried an Omen, but having tried the Blackjack I'd definitely choose Ibanez.
Periphery, love that shit!
the specs are pretty straight up, the omen has a thicker neck, i started playing gibsons, so schecter has never been an issue to me, eventually either one change the pickups
Kona Custom(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H300(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H400 (Duncan Loaded) STOCK YESSSS
LTD M202 BB(Duncan Loaded)
80s American Tele(STOCK)
Gibson Faded V
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mesa Triple Rectifier (EL-34s)
and many more.....
The 7321 is great with a pup change put some emg 707s in it and its a beast.
You should also look at amps!
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Last edited by themelodicdeathshow at Nov 23, 2011,
Quote by themelodicdeathshow
The 7321 is great with a pup change put some emg 707s in it and its a beast.
You should also look at amps!

Is amp is fine for now.

It's not teh t00bz, but it's fine.

Well, actually, you have quite a few guitars TS
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
From experience I can say get the Ibanez, preferably one from 99-02. During that time they were still made in the Japanese factory and they were made with prestige necks. If you cant find one, or want one new, they're still awesome, but i guess im just picky.

If you get one though, drop in dimarzios/bkps immediately. The stock pups are hot as heck, but are flubby as heck.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
I found an Ibanez RGA7 on Ebay for only $350 so I went with that! Thanks though dudes.
-Gear-
Ibanez RGA7BK
ENGL Fireball 100
Randall 4x12
Digitech tube overdrive
Boss NS-2
Quote by beforethethrone
I found an Ibanez RGA7 on Ebay for only $350 so I went with that! Thanks though dudes.

the 7321 is better than the rga.
The rga will need more work to make it better.
7321s can be picked up for $200 and put $200 more into it and you have a great axe.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
The cheapest 7321 I could find was for $320, oh well.
-Gear-
Ibanez RGA7BK
ENGL Fireball 100
Randall 4x12
Digitech tube overdrive
Boss NS-2
Yeah. The only really big difference in the 7321 and RGA that I could find are paint, wood that the body is made of, and RGA has Active Ibanez's
-Gear-
Ibanez RGA7BK
ENGL Fireball 100
Randall 4x12
Digitech tube overdrive
Boss NS-2