Hey everyone, I'm looking to replace my current Line 6 Spider II 30W. I have played both the Peavey Vypyr (Tube 60W) and the Line 6 Spider IV (75W). Both of them sounded good to me. But here's my question.

I love playing songs by bands like Megadeth, Metallica, Judas Priest, Bullet For My Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, etc. Which one can deliver the best distortion?

I played the Line 6 Spider IV yesterday, along with the Peavey Vypyr. Both at different stores with different guitars though. The Spider IV sounds vastly improved from the Spider II. Great metal sound with the ease of turning a knob. The Spider IV was just as easy to use too.

The Peavey Vypyr I actually played last month at guitar center. It was the Tube 120W. It was already on a very good metal setting and I had a blast. But then I tried the Tube 60W yesterday. I couldn't figure out how to make a good sound for the life of me. So many colors and buttons haha. I was also getting annoyed because I had no idea how to turn the effects off. When I got hooked up to it, the guy at the store said to me "You know how to use this? Because I sure as hell don't.".

I'm sure if I got a Vypyr I could read the manual and easily figure out how to use it. But I just want to make sure that I don't make the wrong choice. Considering the Line 6 is cheaper than the Peavey, and it has more watts. The Peavey is a tube amp, but I couldn't really hear a difference in the sound.

Thanks for the help guys .
Vypyrs are well known to have better metal amp models. although line 6 PODs have great modeling for whatever reason the lower end amps just don't cut it. gowith the vypyr and read the manuel.
Once you get the basics of the vypyr its actually very easy to use, you will have far more fun and better sounds out of it in the long run than from the spider
Quote by kirky boy
Once you get the basics of the vypyr its actually very easy to use, you will have far more fun and better sounds out of it in the long run than from the spider

When I first read your name I thought it said "Kinky boy"

I was about to shoot you a PM

uh, anyways.

Vypyrz
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I have a Vypyr 60 and it is super easy to turn things on and off once you learn how. The thing I recommend to people before they play the Vypyr is to read the manual and learn how to do this. It will make your time with the amp so much more enjoyable. I have a few metalish clips in my profile if you are interested and shredkev on youtube has some great clips.

Press the actual 'amp' knob to change from green to red channels. Press the actual 'effects' knob to modify or just set it to 'bypass'

I have nothing to say about the Spiders but all the new Line 6 Pod products seem to be real good.

Also there is a "what amp' sticky if you want 'better' amp help.
Quote by Guitarbaddie
When I first read your name I thought it said "Kinky boy"

I was about to shoot you a PM

uh, anyways.

Vypyrz

don't even want to say how gay this comment sounds
Thanks for the replies so far everyone. I forgot to mention I'm actually borrowing the Line 6 POD XT Live from a friend right now, and it sounds pretty good.

I can't buy any new gear until I sell my Buckethead Les Paul Studio guitar. Trying to sell it on ebay and craigslist as we speak. I don't really like it. So I am also buying a new guitar soon. I'm gonna go to Guitar Center on sunday to try out everything I can.