So long story short, I'm thinking of making a three-string cigar box guitar, and a little cigar box amp. I know, not the most interesting or top-of-the-line home-brew on the forum, but I just wanted something quick and easy to have some fun on, with my limited experience in gear building. It's obviously going to have a pickup, to be functional with the amp, so I just want to know whether I should buy the pickup, or just make it myself. I'm just making a cigar box guitar, so I don't need to slap humbuckers on this bad-boy or anything; I'm just wondering if there are any cheap, no-name pickups out there that I could buy just to, basically, glue on a cigar box, or whether I should just cheap out and make the pickup myself out of whatever I can find / buy.
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

Quote by Wisthekiller
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-Fat-Tele-Bridge-Pickup-300149-i1127423.gc

$13 and even though it's cheap as hell, it'll still sound better than something you'd make unless you have a lot of experience.

Great, that should work, I'll see if I can get one from my music store next when when I buy the tuning keys etc. That was easy
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.