Hey,

A friend is selling a Big Baby at a very reasonable price and I've had a go and it sounds amazing. If I bought it, I'd want to use as a main live guitar, replacing my Crafter FX550. This would mean I'd probably place a pickup on the guitar. How does it compare to other Taylors, etc - is it worth my while investing in this or is there better value guitars?

Cheers,
James
To be completly honest its the Best Guitar I've played in the 400-700 price range i would jump on it if my friend had it at a good price. I love the full bright sound it gives and the me at least the neck was amazing with the v shape. Also wood wise I can't say enough about it. Pick it up play it and hold it tight.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Thanks, also, if I put a pickup on it, would you recommend any particular one? I've been checking out the Seymour Duncan Woody XL
ya thats good one I prefer fishman stuff though it lets the wood tones shine through a little better IMO.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Id say do some searching elsewhere. I got my taylor 114ce for 600 on ebay. its a) full sized b) has their es system pickup installed which is native c) has their nt neck system rather than a screw on neck. you can get a 110e or if you like the cutaway 110ce fairly cheap. If you have a chance try their gs mini which sounds way better imo than the baby line. oh and it has the added feature that i mentioned above.

edit:the pickup for the gs mini is a little different from the main taylor line but is still designed in house.
Last edited by pdjr1991 at Dec 1, 2011,