Dumbest thing someone has EVER said to you about guitar or music in general.

Page 1 of 10
Yes I am mad, yes I am posting because I'm mad.

Anyways I'll start.

"You shouldn't buy an acoustic, you only play metal"

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Justin Beiber is Lame
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
I'm latino so, one time when I told another fellow latino that I listened to rock n roll, they're reply: "You like white people music?!"

my son listens to alot of the screamo/ emo core crap that's out today but claims he doesn't listen to "black people music". Despite his ignorance, I assumed he was talking about rap. I proceeded to angrily tell him that metal is a sub genre of rock, which was practically invented by black people.

This is something I said as a dumb teenager:

"I don't need to learn theory. I just wanna play punk rock. All I need to know is power chords. Blues and jazz suck."

10 years later, I'm emulating Brian Setzer and dedicating a lot of my time to theory and jazz.
Last edited by diablo83 at Nov 23, 2011,
Quote by The_Sophist
..]

Because my friends are d-bags, and saying dumb **** like that doesn't help not make me angry.
You shouldn't, you only play metal.

lol I think it was the time I was playing the Penny for Your Thoughts and this other douche played Thunderstruck (pretty badly) on acoustic and everyone said he was better. lol I just looked at my guitar playing buddy and laughed.

Also the time I went into guitar center and said that I needed a decent tube amp that could do nice cleans ,and have a nice overdrive, and was shown a Line 6 Spider IV
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Snakeskin
Because my friends are d-bags, and saying dumb **** like that doesn't help not make me angry.

Why are you friends with d-bags. It doesn't sound like you have a very healthy friendship
Quote by Snakeskin
That thread is almost 3 years old.

most recent post is from a month ago.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777

Let's give new users a chance to vent shall we?

Quote by devourke
Why are you friends with d-bags. It doesn't sound like you have a very healthy friendship

They are only d-bags like 80% of the time, The other 20% of the time they just talk to me about how cool *Insert band I listen to* is. Not a bunch of other people like guns n roses around here
Last edited by Snakeskin at Nov 23, 2011,
Quote by theogonia777

I can guarantee you that if someone revived that thread they'd either get a warning or people would bitch and moan like no tomorrow.
"Can you play any One Direction?"
"Dude, you're like the new Ed Sheeran" (I'm a ginger guitar player...who plays jazz and blues)

Oh, and:
"SKRILLEX IS AWESOME"
Last edited by OtherGuy at Nov 23, 2011,
Quote by Snakeskin
Let's give new users a chance to vent shall we?

I think what he means is that you could have posted in there, bumped it up seeing as it's only been inactive for a month, and then used that thread instead.
Metal takes no skill you just drop tune until notes are indistinguishable and play whatever. Funnily enough we were listening to Still Life by Opeth and I just said "this is in standard tuning, can't you tell?" "oh... "
"Pickups have no effect on the sound of the guitar at all" I pointed to the nearest door and went "There's the door, now get the **** out!"

Oh and "Rap and Hip Hop is shit, talentless and has no meaning at all except to brag about bitches, cars and money" Whenever someone says that to me I simply say "Listen to those genres before 1998 buddy, and stop listening to Snoop Dogg and Lil' Wayne"
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by T.s.e
I can guarantee you that if someone revived that thread they'd either get a warning or people would bitch and moan like no tomorrow.

They wouldn't get a warning for reviving that particular thread.
Quote by T.s.e

You cannot win here.

It's either A) You get replies telling you to search. Or B) You get shit for necrobumping.

Quote by T.s.e

i highly doubt either of those things would happen.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
i highly doubt either of those things would happen.

I don't take chances! I'm a good, responsible adult

Not really
Quote by Niiko
"Pickups have no effect on the sound of the guitar at all" I pointed to the nearest door and went "There's the door, now get the **** out!"

Oh and "Rap and Hip Hop is shit, talentless and has no meaning at all except to brag about bitches, cars and money" Whenever someone says that to me I simply say "Listen to those genres before 1998 buddy, and stop listening to Snoop Dogg and Lil' Wayne"

What pisses me off is that rap is considered music, perhaps it has it to some extent, but it's much more of a literature genre.
"Nirvana is the best"
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Zeletros
What pisses me off is that rap is considered music, perhaps it has it to some extent, but it's much more of a literature genre.

Well, really it's hip hop music, but they rap in it. Rapping is more of a technique.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by NBGSDLSG09
"I just learned a new song called Eric Clapton"
"Rock and metal is gay."
And also many more that I will not go into out of context.

I feel your pain
Quote by skylerjames13
Well, really it's hip hop music, but they rap in it. Rapping is more of a technique.

this.

some rap can be great. eminem's old albums were legendary but all of the new rappers are so damn annoying. they just try to fit as many things to show of as they can in a 4 minute song. its all about sex and money and they have no appreciation for music.
I'm sure I've heard something that sounded generally along the lines of "The less known it is, the better it is"

"Technical skill doesn't matter, people don't need to know everything to play music" said by one of my friends when I told him that using a certain scale over a certain rhythm pattern wasn't sounding good.

"Black Veil Brides are an incredibly inspiring band"

Also when people say to me "Oh, I don't listen to your kind of music." They don't know everything I listen to, that pisses me off a lot.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
"F*ck Marshall and Fender amps, they suck, Ibanez heads are the best."

I facepalmed like never before.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by bucketkicker
That Kanye West is a musician. Mother****er needed lessons to play a cowbell.

Kanye West has twice as much talent in his big black dick alone than you'll ever muster up in your entire life, you tasteless spacker.
"major and minor is technically the same thing"
"can you play through the fire and flames from guitar hero?"
"jazz is dead"
This is not a signature
Quote by itamar100
this.

some rap can be great. eminem's old albums were legendary but all of the new rappers are so damn annoying. they just try to fit as many things to show of as they can in a 4 minute song. its all about sex and money and they have no appreciation for music.

There still is some good rap being produced. Though unfortunately, it's the crappy stuff that's flooding everything and drowning out the good stuff.

But yeah, some rappers were just great. Eminem went downhill imo, though he still isn't that bad
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by behind_you
"Heavy metal is only for people who enjoy cutting themselves"

inb4 but it is

Isn't it?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by due 07
Kanye West has twice as much talent in his big black dick alone than you'll ever muster up in your entire life, you tasteless spacker.

Just cause he doesn't like one of your favourite artists doesn't mean he is talentless.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Isn't it?

no. metal is only for people that cut other people.
Quote by shredibanez24
"F*ck Marshall and Fender amps, they suck, Ibanez heads are the best."

I facepalmed like never before.

Clearly spider is the best. noobs.