Heya!

So the low B string is rather boomy around the 12th fret when using my neck pickup. I don't have this with my bridge, and so I've taken to using that for lower-octave lead runs.

Is there any quick-fix for this, such as EQ settings? Pickup height has no effect on it. I will consider a different pickup if suggested.

The neck pickup is a Dimarzio Air Norton 7, and the bridge is an Evolution 7. I'm playing through a Peavey Vypyr on clean and running my Korg AX3000g on a high-gain US amp model.
have you tried eqing with a tad less bass/mids?

your user title kicks ass, btw. love that song.
Quote by rickyj
have you tried eqing with a tad less bass/mids?

your user title kicks ass, btw. love that song.

Yup, even rolling back the bass entirely still has a bit of boomy/fuzziness I'm wondering if active pickups are worth a look?
That's simply going to happen. You have a thick, short string, and you have a neck pickup serving to only amplify those lower frequencies. All I can suggest is to remove some bass from the EQ, or to use your bridge pickup (or a combination of both pickups and the EQ).
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Hmm, guess I'll just swap to the bridge pickup then. I'm only now realising how good it sounds even on leads, it's been eye-opening for me
The only time the 7th string doesn't blow out your signal on the neck pickup is if you use active pickups. Even then it'll still sound poorly balanced against the other six strings. To get rid of it completely you've got to go for a 28"+ baritone with light strings and use active pickups. Then the 7th will balance with the other wound strings at least.
I find on clean settings the 7th string can get a little boomy but using bigger strings helps with that. It's also not nearly as apparent on my recto.