I'm on JSA at the minute, & I've also just started at a work experience placement. I'm supposed to apply to 3 jobs a week, but I'm sure I was told that you don't have to while on work experience, but now I have a day & a half before I next sign on, & I can't be sure... Can anyone confirm or deny this?
I think they'll probably cut you a little slack, as a work placement is kind of working towards getting a job. Sometimes they only to pretend to read what you've written down.
OUT OF ORDER
If you are in the UK you have to continue doing a minimum of three 'things' a week to prove that you are looking for work.

When I was on JSA they actually refused to pay me anything because I was doing work experience. They said that I couldn't do work experience and look for a job at the same time.
Quote by conor-figgy
What country are you in may I ask? Different places might have different rules.

I live in England.

Quote by Myshadow46_2
If you are in the UK you have to continue doing a minimum of three 'things' a week to prove that you are looking for work.

When I was on JSA they actually refused to pay me anything because I was doing work experience. They said that I couldn't do work experience and look for a job at the same time.

This is what I hope doesn't happen. I was set up with the work experience through JSA, so it's not like they don't know about it.
Things like "Agreed to work experience" & "bought interview/work clothes" should be acceptable, right?
Last edited by _-Joey-_ at Nov 23, 2011,
Quote by steee21
Really?

That's bollocks.

JSA is pretty much the most depressing thing ever. Hate it.

At least it's money while looking for a job! It is pretty depressing though :/
Why don't you just call the lad you presumably have to report back to every month and ask him?
Depends on your advisor.

Stricktly speaking, you do have to apply to 3 things a week so you look like youre looking for work, but the fact that you are on a work placement should be enough proof that you dont want to be mooching forever.
If the person you are seeing is reasonable, they should cut you some slack.

Just leave it and see what your advisor says when you meet them next.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
I'd rather sell my body on street corners then go on JSA again, there's better money and more dignity.
I'm with you on this, I can't help as I dunno what to do either. I'm signing on tomorrow afternoon whilst on this work experience program I've been put on. Just do what I'm doing and if you can, go in like you normally would. Or ring the Job Seekers number on any letter you've had from them and ask them if you need to.
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely