Alright so I'm one of these guitar guys think "hey, that marcus miller is quite the man, ima doin that as well". Got me a bass from a friend like a little more than half a year ago or so and started to practice slapping. I remember the first days it may have hurt a bit form the slapping and popping but after a week it was all fine.

From then on I played a little bit here, and a little bit there but never had any problems really with the fingers. Just last week, on monday, I got around to learning that marcus miller scoop video and played for over 2 hours, getting down the solo with all these double plucks.

The next day I noticed that I had a little soemthing on the tip of my middle finger that I use to pop the G string with. It seems to be callus on top of a blister maybe, I really can't tell.

The point is, that playing now really doesnt hurt at all. In fact, it seems that the pop sound and feeling even improved. However, as I got this one gig coming up in 2 weeks I dont really know if I should just keep playing or wait for it to go away.

Well, all of this sounds a little dumb, but just to stress it again, it doesnt hrut or bother at all while other people on forums kept complaining about how it hurts playing too much.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
You may have just overdone it and that's why you got the blister. If it isn't bothering you, then I wouldn't worry about it.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I'm sure this has happened to most bassists... I know it's happened to me quite a few times! My advice is to suck it up and keep playing. Toughen up to it. The blisters will go away.
I'm kind of jealous that you got a blister, proof your working hard!

I've never had a blister in all my time playing....I've played until my fingers have hurt like hell and bled but no blisters. Then again neither has anyone in my band, but we all work in a kitchen so are hands are probably all toughed up beforehand.
Quote by thegreasefire
I'm sure this has happened to most bassists... I know it's happened to me quite a few times! My advice is to suck it up and keep playing. Toughen up to it. The blisters will go away.

there's nothing to suck up, it doesnt bother me at all. that's why im wondering haha
Quote by BigHeadClan
I'm kind of jealous that you got a blister, proof your working hard!
I wanted to play both scoop and lonnies lament of amrcus miller at that little gig in 2 weeks so for the last weeks I tried to play 2 hours of bass each day as long as I could afford the time to do it.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by thorbor at Nov 23, 2011,
Quote by thorbor
there's nothing to suck up, it doesnt bother me at all. that's why im wondering haha

This is good! Don't worry about it then... Just wait until one of these days when you really do have to suck it up though! Then it gets fun...
blood on your strings is a good look
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
I used to get those blisters too, but from fingerplucking haha.

They'll go away soon. and the more you play, the less it'll happen.