Hey guys, if I run a tubscreamer into a distortion pedal will it have the same effect as when you run it into the input of an amp?
a solid state or tube?
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
The amp is tube the pedal is solidstate, I'm trying to sqeeze a little more gain out of one of my distortion pedals
Last edited by tpcjames111 at Nov 23, 2011,
I'm assuming you mean like driving a valve with a tubescreamer? In my experience, no. It just ends up a muddy, noisy mess most of the time.
In your profile, it says you have an ENGL.

How much more distortion do you need?
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
I have this distortion pedal that sounds like an orange and i wanted to get a little more gain out of it. The engl might have to much gain lol
Last edited by tpcjames111 at Nov 23, 2011,
it really depends on the pedal. Which pedal is it? some pedals sound great stacked with other pedals and some sound rubbish. Just because something doesn't have tubes doesn't mean it can't be pushed harer my a tubescreamer, or any other pedal for that matter.
from everything i have heard and played of earthquaker i wouldn't be surprised if stacking this pedal would work nicely. i don't think i would use a tubescreamer though. we will probably want something alot more transparent. you could go the route of a clean boost like an lpb-1 or mxr micro amp or even a super hard on if you want to spend the extra money otherwise i would think something like a PaulC timmy would work real nicely. If you can handle the long wait list then grab one otherwise you can can them used for a premium. There are guys on this board who will build you a clone for a nice price as well.
Guess I'll see if one my buddys has a ts9 or something similiar laying around, thanks guys
Why not go into a guitar store, ask if they mind you trying the pedal out with your rig and try a TS9. Doesn't work there's no harm done.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by joe_k
from everything i have heard and played of earthquaker i wouldn't be surprised if stacking this pedal would work nicely. i don't think i would use a tubescreamer though. we will probably want something alot more transparent. you could go the route of a clean boost like an lpb-1 or mxr micro amp or even a super hard on if you want to spend the extra money otherwise i would think something like a PaulC timmy would work real nicely. If you can handle the long wait list then grab one otherwise you can can them used for a premium. There are guys on this board who will build you a clone for a nice price as well.

Quote by SimplyBen
Why not go into a guitar store, ask if they mind you trying the pedal out with your rig and try a TS9. Doesn't work there's no harm done.

Next time I'm in a music store I'll run a od into it and a clean boost and see what happens
it could work. ive run a Boss Overdrive into a DS-1 for a little extra "chug" without all the fuzz of the DS-1 at high gain. worked fine. so long as i kept the drive low.
About 6-8 months back I ran my Ibanez 'Metal Screamer' into my old Big Muff w/ wicker, running through an Orange (can't remember the bloody model) combo with a LITTLE bit of grit from the amp, and it sounded ****ing AMAZING!
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
not exacrtly the same, but not a million miles away either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?