The song is tabbed several times here at UG: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?value=If+This+Was+A+Movie&search_type=title

You're going to have to learn the chords first, and then try to imitate the rhythm pattern. I can't think of any other way to proceed. In most cases it's not really possible to write down strumming patterns, emulation and practice is the way forward.

Boy, for a while there, I didn't think the girl on the left was going to do anything.

Sorry, just musing sarcastically here, but I didn't really think that it took two people to cover one Taylor Swift song........
Last edited by Captaincranky at Nov 23, 2011,
looked like d d d d u d u. i'll lcheck it out in a bit after i get the turkey on the grill. good luck on learning. sorry you got your first response from cranky(he's very knowledgeable but very cranky). he is right but, at least the chord progressions are basic and should only take a little time.
Well, that should make me good to go for whatever, now that I'm been dismissed as insane. So, a hearty, "Thanks on Thanksgiving Day". is in order

That said, I'll initiate a "toofa" here and give you both the strumming pattern for Bryan Adam's, "Summer of '69"......dddddddddddddddddddddddddd. (Well,for some of the verse at least). Hm, it does lack a bit of soul in that context, doesn't it?

Let me say that I do remember what it is like to be a rank beginner. However, writing out a rhythm pattern simplistically offers no insight into the timing, dynamics, or even which strings to hit of the 6 you have to pick from. Therefore, it's not a substitute for learning the chords and trying to play along. Or as I explained earlier, either emulating or imitating, whichever term you're more comfortable with.

As to the Taylor Swift song video in question, if the end goal is to perform this song vocally, the key has to be taken into consideration.
So, any potential performer would need to be mindful of that, unless they're also a 15 yr old soprano.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Nov 24, 2011,