Guys, i have a dean Vendetta XMT with EMG Hz on it (neck and bridge) and it sounds pretty good on it, and very recently purchased an Ibanez S570, its got those crappy INFs in it. So, i was wondering if swapping em out for the EMGHz would show any improvement?. Just for info: S570 has mahogany body, with maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. ; EMG Hzs sounds bass rich and also prominent highs.. more of like a metal tone, which is what i am seeking.

Please help!
i hardly think they will be an upgrade
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I can tell you that I've had hands on experience with both, and INFs are better than HZs. HZs are pathetic. Get some Dimarzio D-Activators instead. If you think HZs sound good, the D-Activators will blow you away.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Hmm.. okay, so what is the best set of pickups i can get for it?, I play mostly metal (metallica, megadeth, iron maiden) sometimes a little less heavy like GnR, AC/DC etc., and would also like to have good clean tones (in clean setting) for acoustic-y sounding chords and and play blues stuff like Satriani and Steve Vai.
Kind of an odd combo, but I'm thinking Super Distortion/Liquifire. You can't really go wrong with the PAF Pro in the neck either though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Not going to really sound that much better through a Vypyr 30
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
@offworld92 : Yea, well i like to mostly metal stuff plus solo like satriani, vai, but people here like to hear less heavy stuff. and the acoustic tone for some songs like sanitarium, opeth etc.

@Guitarbaddie : its not that bad, but then, i do have access to some better marshall amps at our college's music room.
the only EMG HZ worth owning is the EMG-ALX.
every other HZ sucks major ass
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
hzs are shit. trust me. i have them in my sg until i can afford new pickups.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.