Yes yes, I know the rule of thumb is to EQ your amp settings to the environment in which you're playing. I agree with that to an extent. BUT, I also have a distinct sound I like to have for each show and I like to start with a typical baseline of what I normally use for settings. Tape is terrible due to the residue it leaves. I've written them down but I either lose the paper, or it tears, etc. It looks dumb reading from a homebrew manual at shows. So I found a cool solution some may enjoy:

I took some rubber washers and cut a small incision on them to open them up. I place one around each knob on my amp, with the incision flush/level at 6 o clock. Try to do this while keeping your settings how you want them. Once you get all of the knobs done, get your amp EQ'ed, but make sure to hold the washer in place while turning the knob so the washer stays flush at 6 o clock. Once thats done, mark the washer with sharpie at the levels of the knobs. So now, you just level out all of the washer incisions to 6 o clock and you have your baseline!

I know it seems silly, but it really works well, and it doesn't cause the knobs any stress and it doesn't leave residue.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
get a phone that takes pics

but yeah - very creative. Congrats again on your Vengeance

Most phones have terrible cameras even for 8MP.

TS that is pretty inventive.
Quote by Sputnik1
Most phones have terrible cameras even for 8MP.

TS that is pretty inventive.

That's because the quality of a camera isn't measured in megapixels, that's something companies have made up to make their products look better.

Yes, megapixels do have a play in the picture quality, but not to the extent that a 12MP camera is always twice as good as a 6MP camera. The quality lies in the size of the CCD/CMOS chip in the camera and how large the photosites are, as well as the A/D conversion array built into the camera once the light hits the photosite and is coverted to 1s and 0s.

That being said, some camera phones are pretty good for the size of the phone. The megapixels refers to how many photosites are found on the chip. The more photosites there are on a small chip, means that when light hits it, they spill over information into the next one, because they're not large enough to hold the electrons bouncing off them, which creates noise in the photo. Thus why you see some camera phones that have 4 MP cameras that take pictures that look just as good, if not better, than 8 MP cameras, and why you see some of those 8 MP cameras that take pictures that look better than consumer digital cameras.

/rant

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
That's because the quality of a camera isn't measured in megapixels, that's something companies have made up to make their products look better.

Yes, megapixels do have a play in the picture quality, but not to the extent that a 12MP camera is always twice as good as a 6MP camera. The quality lies in the size of the CCD/CMOS chip in the camera and how large the photosites are, as well as the A/D conversion array built into the camera once the light hits the photosite and is coverted to 1s and 0s.

That being said, some camera phones are pretty good for the size of the phone. The megapixels refers to how many photosites are found on the chip. The more photosites there are on a small chip, means that when light hits it, they spill over information into the next one, because they're not large enough to hold the electrons bouncing off them, which creates noise in the photo. Thus why you see some camera phones that have 4 MP cameras that take pictures that look just as good, if not better, than 8 MP cameras, and why you see some of those 8 MP cameras that take pictures that look better than consumer digital cameras.

/rant

Yeah I know that. I'm just saying that camera phones are terrible.
fine

take a pic of the amp with a good camera and send it to your phone. point being, that would just seem more convenient. the Vengeance is not that complicated of an amp anyway - I don't know why the settings can't just be remembered
There is one other extremely important element in a camera that seems to be forgotten about these days - the lens. People rave on about the electronics inside but - shit in, shit out.

I mark my amp with little bits of electrical tape cut into the shape of a little arrowhead but that a cute little idea.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Haha. Yeah guys, I don't have a cell phone and don't really plan on having one again. I like this idea because I'm an "All in One Place" kind of guy. I like to just make everything as plug and play as possible. The remembering bit is a tad difficult for me to do, as my memory just isn't there the day of a show. I just go out there on 'muscle memory' and rock out. I'm not arguing your guys' ideas as I think they're awesome ideas! I just found something that seems to work for me for the time being and wanted to share! I love the creativity that you can put into your own equipment.