Page 1 of 2
Political leaders in St. Petersburg are about to vote on law that will make it illegal for any person to write a book, publish an article or speak in public about being gay, lesbian or transgender. The ruling party led by President Medvedev and Prime Minister Putin could make millions of people invisible with the stroke of a pen.

Human rights defenders around the country are doing everything they can to stop it. They are risking their freedom to organize flashmobs and protests, but they are afraid that it won't be enough.

Right now, the world needs to speak up and tell Russian authorities to drop the bill. Join this call to leaders around the world to reach out to their counterparts in the Russian government - and ask them to reject this discriminatory and anti-democratic law.

http://www.allout.org/en/actions/russia_silenced/

"but due online petitions don't make a difference! hurrr"

From what I can tell, this one already has. The person in the video said that the bill has already been slightly postponed, no doubt thanks in part to int'l pressure.

If you have the time (like one minute), please sign the petition.
I'm not Russian, and if they don't want the LGBT community in their country...that's their thing. It's none of my business.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
So I'm singing the petition against gays?

(Invalid img)
Yes?
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Nov 24, 2011,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I'm not Russian, and if they don't want the LGBT community in their country...that's their thing. It's none of my business.

Well that's a shitty attitude to have.
Check out my band Disturbed
Pretty sure an American signing an online petition won't do anything to stop legislation in Russia.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Are you a libertarian by any chance?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by PatchworkMan
Pretty sure an American signing an online petition won't do anything to stop legislation in Russia.

I addressed that in my original post...
Signed.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
An anti-anti-gay bill, eh?

Imagine if the anti-gay people start their own online petition to disregard the anti-anti gay petition. Things will get real convoluted real fast.
Quote by PatchworkMan

True, but I'll still sign it anyways.
NOT EASILY LED, EASILY BANNED.
signed, whether or not it helps
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by due 07

From what I can tell, this one already has. The person in the video said that the bill has already been slightly postponed, no doubt thanks in part to int'l pressure.

Not to be the downer and I totally intend to sign after I type this...... but I see no reason to make that connection. It may be postponed due to internal debates. It may actually be postponed due to international pressure--that typically means from other governments.

SHEdit: Urge to put "don't be a fag, this bill makes me gag" in the comments was HUUUUUUUUGE but I overcame it.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Nov 24, 2011,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Tosser. Just because something's a law doesn't mean it's just.

Have you seriously never read of or heard this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came…

Signed TS.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by stndrdprcdre
Occupy The Motherland!

In Soviet Russia, Motherland Occupy you!

(Wait, that one made sense.)
NOT EASILY LED, EASILY BANNED.
I'm not giving the russian's my information.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Just want to say to those sceptical that AllOut have had petitions like this before, such as when Uganda was possibly making a bill which made homosexuality punishably by the death penalty. Over 500,000 people signed the petition in 4 days and the bill was abandoned.

Every person DOES count.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Leave the planet please.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

EDIT: Signed
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Nov 24, 2011,
Quote by due 07
http://www.allout.org/en/actions/russia_silenced/

"but due online petitions don't make a difference! hurrr"

If you have the time (like one minute), please sign the petition.

I was pretty sure that online petitions meant nothing because it needs actual signatures to count for anything.
RIP Gooze

cats
Finally some progress in this topsy-turvy world.

edit: In regards to the Anti-gay bill.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Last edited by ripple07 at Nov 24, 2011,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

I agree.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
If the Syrian government doesn't want the student activist community in their country... that's their thing. IDGAF.
If Hitler wants to gas 6 million jews, then hey that's his thing.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
If Hitler wants to gas 6 million jews, then hey that's his thing.

He did make a million dollars, though...

Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Signed.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Every time some country does something shitty stupid another tries to top it, is this how politic works?
Why would I vote against it? It's a perfect solution: everyone who is too shallow to accept gay people can go to russia, and all the gay people can migrate here on the basis of being surpressed in their own country.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Signed!
Quote by Neo Evil11
Why would I vote against it? It's a perfect solution: everyone who is too shallow to accept gay people can go to russia, and all the gay people can migrate here on the basis of being surpressed in their own country.

This is strangely similar to my idea of splitting people into countries with a different country for each ideology.
Oh, wow. I thought Russia was better than this.
Quote by frankv
Signed!
This is strangely similar to my idea of splitting people into countries with a different country for each ideology.

That would be boring as fuck and everybody would be constantly at war.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Nov 24, 2011,
Page 1 of 2