I found out tonight that a friend of mine from college had a heart attack and died. Her name was Susie and she was 19 years old. She barely drank, she didn't do drugs and she wasn't overweight. She also didn't have any heart problems we knew about. She was one of the happiest girl's you've ever met and she always had something to joke about. This has come as a complete and total shock and i don't know what to say or even think. All that keeps running through my mind is "she was only 19" and "her family's torment must be unimaginable". All the things she might have wanted to do, anything she ever wanted to be...all gone because of some random freak heart attack. My friends and i are in total disbelief and have been trying to make each other feel better for the past couple of hours.

this has gotten me thinking about all of the things we take for granted, life probably being the biggest of them all. i'm terribly sorry that it's taken something like this to remind me how much i take for granted every single day.

of course this thread's been overdone and yes this is like a blog. i don't care. i'm angry that the world gets to continue with complete indifference to this 19 year old girl's death. it's something i've never experienced before.

Rest in Peace Susie
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Yes, life is often taken for granted, and it's unfortunate
My God, it's full of stars!
That is really sad

It's so easy to take things for granted until they're absent.
Check out my band Disturbed
My family, my great friends, my guitar tutor whose been a role model to me for the past 5 years, my good health, and all the love I get
Sorry about your friend.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
It's a shame to hear that. Bad things happen to good people sometimes. We, as a species do take much for granted. Even with your loss, it's comforting to know one more person is aware.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last year, a week from today, a girl in my class committed suicide. She was an amazing person, everyone loved and respected her. She was beautiful, great at sports, and kind to everyone. She always seemed like she was the happiest person in the room, everything lit up with her around. When everyone found out, it was such a shock, no one had even suspected that she was hurting so much.. The first rational thought I had after hearing about it, was how much is taken for granted. Everyone always assumed that Amy would be around to make everyone's day the best it possibly could be, but then one day, she was just taken away. It's the kind of wake-up call that just knocks the wind right out of you. I guess I'm saying that I've been there, Waterboy799, it's.. harrowing. It's never easy to lose someone, especially when it's so sudden. Everything is fragile.

I found out tonight that a friend of mine from college had a heart attack and died. Her name was Susie and she was 19 years old.

You have to wonder if the final toxicology report will agree that she didn't do any drugs......... I mean damn, heart attack at 19?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Sorry to hear that, I she sounded like a great person.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Quote by SteveHouse

You have to wonder if the final toxicology report will agree that she didn't do any drugs......... I mean damn, heart attack at 19?

if she ever touched drugs, she did a damn good job of keeping it hidden from her friends, family and her roommates in college. im 99% positive drugs wasn't the cause. i've barely ever seen her drunk to tell you the truth.

but yea, it's insane. from what some of her roommates (who are my close friends) say they'll know more about what caused the heart attack tomorrow. to me it doesn't matter what the cause was. the damage to her family and friend's can't be undone.

and thanks guys, her friends and family would appreciate all of the support.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Nov 24, 2011,
That we're only here for a short time, and the dead expect a lot of you.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Wellingtons. Not having any anymore is a weekly source of annoyance.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Damn that sucks, rip.
Might have been a Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, anyone can have it, even the healthiest people and it's undiagnosed most of the time. Most people that have that die in their late teens.
Another thing:

An old friend of mine, one I hadn't seen in a year or two, died a week or two ago. We were never that close, so his death had more of an effect on my thoughts than my emotions, but it still saddened me.

He was an alcoholic. Straight up, everyone knew, no one said a word. I felt anger at his friends, yes, but remembered that its very hard to feel like you have the right to impose yourself on someone else's actions. There's always the feeling of "He'll come around. He'll make the right decision soon." But he didn't. He died of liver failure at the age of 22.

Looking on it, I realize that I take for granted the fact that I have no real source of depression. I don't feel pain like he felt, and I have enough will power to not destroy myself when things temporarily get as bad as they were for him. Don't think that I see this as an "advantage" in life over him. There aren't winners or losers in the end. Just tears.

I'm also grateful that my closest friends have told me to stop and look at myself on occasion. I try and do the same for them, because they deserve it (in the positive use of the term), but its tough sometimes.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
is this a thanksgiving thread?

>_>

<_<

nope. no turkeys here.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Shit man, that's harsh!

I know it is, same thing happened to a friend of a friend of mine. She was 19 too, sweet girl, never a bad word from her. It wasn't a heart attack, but something just as a sudden and shocking. The news hurt me, but seeing my friend afterwards was like looking at the face of pain.

I feel for you, TS. Besides losing a wonderful person it's so shocking that this could happen to anyone. It defies the patterns and rules you have come to recognise in life. Hope you and all of your friends pull through.