Iv been playing alot of ze metal for a while now so thats what i do really is play metal, u kno im a metal bassist :P
but with my new bass iv been playing to hard i think,
i use my fingers but im used to my stingray that i had for years
that was so so solid and never ever went out of tune.
now i think my new bass is going out of tune to much, i should get a tuning petal lol
but any tips or anything?

P.S
My intonation still hasnt been fine tuned, its out a bit, iv been meaning to fix this

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
If it is a new bass, it may be settling in a bit. Did you recently put new strings on it? They can take a while to stretch out and stop slipping on the capstans. And since you live in Winnipeg, the fluctuations in temperature between heated and cold rooms can affect the neck. It probably isn't a big deal. You should have a new bass set up by a good tech anyway, so bring up your issues when you take your bass in for a setup.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
If it is a new bass, it may be settling in a bit. Did you recently put new strings on it? They can take a while to stretch out and stop slipping on the capstans. And since you live in Winnipeg, the fluctuations in temperature between heated and cold rooms can affect the neck. It probably isn't a big deal. You should have a new bass set up by a good tech anyway, so bring up your issues when you take your bass in for a setup.

+1 even my rogue stays in tune very well once the strings settle after a week. depending on the strings you have it could be more or less time.
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Quote by Captain Insano
May want to invest in a new nut.

True, but the nut usually only screws up the intonation near the first 5 or so frets, unless it's REALLY high...You'll know if the nut is the problem by doing the following:

Fret your lowest string at the 3rd fret then measure the distance between the bottom of the string and the first fret. You should only have in the neighborhood of .005" space (the thickness of a thin business card). Repeat for each string. This is best done with a set of feeler gauges, which can be bought at most auto supply stores.

Do you have a chromatic tuner? Is the bass going flat or sharp? Is it going out of tune on every string?

You probably want to get the intonation fine-tuned, making sure to tell the person doing the operation that you have a heavier-handed attack. The intonation of a bass can change slightly if you fret a note really hard when the intonation was dialed in for a medium or light attack.
my strings are actually still the ones that were on it when i bought it, and i make sure to over stretch them when i pout them on to avoid that, and i also often go between standard and drop C so that is supposed to get rid of the gaps, i think its probably just me still getting used to it,

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....