Hey UG my woman is going to spend a couple of hundred bucks on me for xmas and I can get the Agile for 239 USD and the Ibanez for 199 USD. I haven't played an agile but everything I read about them is good, I have played the Ibanez and like the way it frets.

I thought the Ibanez had some decent pickups in it, I played it through a peavey classic at the local GC but am wondering if the trem on it stays in tune well. I am use to playing a pacifica 1221 ms and that's probably why I like the feel of the Ibanez , since both necks are thin. If someone could chime in that has or owns either model would be great.

Thanks
a newer ibanez dxl with the new trem take it its a great deal
if its an older one it has an edge 3 trem which doesnt hold up to abuse much and might need replacing later (cause it dosnt have th elongest life)

having said tha the ibanez is a great guitar especially at that price but alot of people dont like itbecasue setting up a floating trem is a pain in the ass

i dont own the agile so no comment on it
Quote by supersac
a newer ibanez dxl with the new trem take it its a great deal
if its an older one it has an edge 3 trem which doesnt hold up to abuse much and might need replacing later (cause it dosnt have th elongest life)

having said tha the ibanez is a great guitar especially at that price but alot of people dont like itbecasue setting up a floating trem is a pain in the ass

i dont own the agile so no comment on it

So you have had one with an edge III and why would it need replacing? Is it not made of steel like a floyd? And do you mean by abuse that it doesn't stay in tune?
Quote by B.Cross
So you have had one with an edge III and why would it need replacing? Is it not made of steel like a floyd? And do you mean by abuse that it doesn't stay in tune?

i have an older rgdxl the same model only left handed

i love the guitar and it stayed in tune and played well while i was only using the wammt bar for simple things like vibrato and a dive bomb here and there

then i joined a band in which i was well showing off alot more in my solos and such
and using the wammy for fluttering and basically banging on the bar and the knife edges on the edge 3 wore down and i had to replace it becasue it woulndt stay in tune

so if you dont plan on doing any steve vai moves on it and can set it up correctly it wont casue any trouble
it still plays awesomly btw and is still my main gigging guitar

edit: if you have anymore questions about the ibanez send me a pm and ill get back to you in the morning
Last edited by supersac at Nov 24, 2011,