yes i said breaking up, and if you've ever voluntarily left a band you know what i mean.
anyway when i started playing guitar i wanted to be in a good metalcore band, keyword good i started a shitty band it it died the end.

about a year later i got into a new band but that doesnt matter, anyway ive been in this band for about a year and a half and we've played a few little shows out here in AZ.

well this band was very fun and seemed like a great idea when i joined, but it went from a solid(ish) metalcore band into kind of a deathcore/djent deal and dont get me wrong i love them both... but its so stale now, and the band altogether just isnt that tight and i never feel confident walking onto a stage.

so a friend of mine knew that i wanted to pursue music as a career and him being in another great local AZ band saw that one of the biggest locals in AZ needed a guitarist

anyway here is the band www.facebook.com/coldbloodedtheory
ive learned their set and im trying out saturday
so... is it a good decision career wise to drop the current no progress band and join a established name in the scene with a very good live show, and not to mention theyre tight as hell.
Yes I'd move up if you csn't be in both. If your personal experience is being in crappy bands and playing no shows I wouldn't garuntee you get the spot though.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Yes I'd move up if you csn't be in both. If your personal experience is being in crappy bands and playing no shows I wouldn't garuntee you get the spot though.

uhh.. my personal experience is being the only good member in bands, and playing good shows just never as good as i wanted.

they've already told me im the best they've seen from the videos i posted..

ive played quite a few shows, just nothing huge.
mostly bands like Volumes, The forerunner, and Catalepsy to name a couple.

ive got experience i just want something different than my current band, and i treat music alot more professionally than they do.

CBT is no doubt the most professional band in AZ, and they have the EXACT same mindset as me.

EDIT: and my previous experience with bands sucking has nothing to do with my playing ability or my presence on stage.
Last edited by hightension01 at Nov 24, 2011,
The way you put your opening thread doesn't really leave much room for doubt. The decision is a no brainer. Let me ask you...do you really need to the help of the internet to make the choice?
Si
Quote by hightension01
uhh.. my personal experience is being the only good member in bands, and playing good shows just never as good as i wanted.

ive got experience i just want something different than my current band, and i treat music alot more professionally than they do.

CBT is no doubt the most professional band in AZ, and they have the EXACT same mindset as me.

EDIT: and my previous experience with bands sucking has nothing to do with my playing ability or my presence on stage.

Based on how you phrased the question, and your contempt for the advice given, you've already made up your mind. What do you want from us..?

Sounds like a no-brainer, anyway. I think we've all made that choice at one point. It can really suck if the guys in the first band are your friends, and they're going to be screwed without you, but it's not worth sticking around in something that's not going anywhere and wasting your time just for the cameraderie.
Quote by hightension01

Well you've never played a show with a tight band, you just said so yourself.

I'd imagine the learning slope to be quite steep considering your self-described lack of experience in tight bands. Playing tight with bands is a skill in itself, and you're telling me you have little to no experience in this. I'd personally be wary of other guitarists they audition who DO have experience in tight bands, who will be able to slot straight in.

Hey it may all end up great too! But I'd attempt to lose the attitude whilst you're at it. Claiming you're the "only good member" in all your previous bands is really silly, if the band sucks it doesn't matter how fast you can shred. You may be an awesome youtube guitarist and not great in bands.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB

Hey it may all end up great too! But I'd attempt to lose the attitude whilst you're at it. Claiming you're the "only good member" in all your previous bands is really silly, if the band sucks it doesn't matter how fast you can shred. You may be an awesome youtube guitarist and not great in bands.

this^
Guitarists are a dime a dozen, and most people (myself included) don't have time to spend on ones with poor attitudes.
Anyways, it seems like you've already made up your mind about joining the new band if the audition goes well. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
id like to inform everyone that i did in fact get the spot in CBT, and playing with them is a thousand times better than my last band.
Best of luck to you. Since you are local to me, I might have to check out CBT sometime.

My only critique when I checked out CBT was that I wished the vocalist would sing a little more than scream. Unintelligible lyrics are functionally useless. He might as well be screaming nursery rhymes. Just my opinion. I like to hear lyrics. An artist's thoughts intrigue me.

I'll look for your shows.
Quote by cheapr2keepr
Best of luck to you. Since you are local to me, I might have to check out CBT sometime.

My only critique when I checked out CBT was that I wished the vocalist would sing a little more than scream. Unintelligible lyrics are functionally useless. He might as well be screaming nursery rhymes. Just my opinion. I like to hear lyrics. An artist's thoughts intrigue me.

I'll look for your shows.

jesses lyrics are very very good once you get a grip on his concepts

out newest song "Moments of Enternity" is basically a song about him being free from god/religion and enjoying life to the fullest as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrqNmj3FtAM

here is the lyric video i made a while ago.

its simply a song telling people to lead theyre own lives, and how they should be their own leader not a god in the sky who will anchor them down more than balance them.

"Father i cant hear you, because im not listening"
is a direct stab at religous faith, due to the fact that we dont need a religion to be united as one.

the song is simply about moving yourself forward, and not relying on a higher power to do so for you.

let me say that all of us in CBT come from many different backgrounds and dont think religion is a joke, we accept everyone for who they are.
"when people stand together we understand what we are worth, but sadly.. its not the case"
that wraps up our beliefs in a nutshell.
I hope you like it