I'm looking for a good, 8 string guitar. Preferably 1000usd or less.

I've looked at the RGA-8 and the Blackjack ATX C-8

I'm use to playing the thin neck of my s570b, but the Blackjack comes with decent pups and just looks better overall in build quality.

Suggest me an 8 string guitar basically.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
There's a guy on here that will probably want to sell one seriously cheap pretty soon. In fact, he might even pay you to have it. Sounds like a win/win situation to me!
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
There's a guy on here that will probably want to sell one seriously cheap pretty soon. In fact, he might even pay you to have it. Sounds like a win/win situation to me!

awh shit.

What kind though?

Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

icwatudidthar
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
The worst kind.

o:

So, no suggestions?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
If you like your Ibanez, scout out a used RG2228. It's absolutely worth the increase in quality over the RGA8 and comes with better pickups.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Quote by Guitarbaddie
o:

So, no suggestions?

Oh, no. I know shit all about 8 strings. I don't do metal. I'ma classic rock guy

Try an Ibanez of sorts. They seem to be all the craze on here.
Quote by Dayn
If you like your Ibanez, scout out a used RG2228. It's absolutely worth the increase in quality over the RGA8 and comes with better pickups.

Why does it have a locking nut?

Also, it's double my price range. ;/
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I think the key word there was "used".
I've seen 2nd hand RG2228s go cheaper than new RGA8s.

Also both the Ibby 8 strings use a fixed floyd style bridge. So they have locking nuts so the strings won't go out of tune, and you can adjust them with the fine tuners like with a floyd. But it is still a fixed bridge. Cool stuff.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by VVolverin3
I think the key word there was "used".
I've seen 2nd hand RG2228s go cheaper than new RGA8s.

Also both the Ibby 8 strings use a fixed floyd style bridge. So they have locking nuts so the strings won't go out of tune, and you can adjust them with the fine tuners like with a floyd. But it is still a fixed bridge. Cool stuff.

Weird. The only ebay thing I found was for 800 starting bid, I'll keep an eye on it, but something tells me it will go over 1k easy.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Butt Rayge

I'd also consider an Agile 8 string. http://www.rondomusic.com/8StringGuitars.html
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
25.5" scale on an 8? I dunno about that..

I mean I guess the EMGs will help somewhat..

If you play with a Low B and High A they work fine. If you want uba chugachugachug deathcore then you would want a longer scale yes...

I liked the LTD 418 we have at work.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Guitarbaddie
I've considered an Agile, but I have read that the notes don't really register in the 20+ fret region

Um, what the hell does that even mean... But anyway I've only heard good things about agiles.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.

Agile 8s are pretty good if you get them 2nd hand.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0

Agile 8s are pretty good if you get them 2nd hand.

Better deal in the states than they are in the UK, Tom.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Oh aye.

That one cost me $400 2nd hand in the states and then a further $70 to ship it to the UK.

Ironically I had better buyer protection buying 2nd hand on ebay than I would have buying it new from Rondo, given their shitty international terms.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Yeah, I'm gonna get a Septor Pro 727 pretty soon... They look so nice and I've heard only good things about them. Definitely worth $650, considering it's neck thru with a tonepros bridge and a longer scale length (which I'd imagine costs more to manufacture). I'll get some blackouts later.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
only thing that may cost more would be fret board blanks depending on the wood,

other wise its just a different set of commands for the CNC machines.

you could get a 2nd hand Carvin 727 for about $600-800

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb