Hi Guys,

I've been helping out with sound at a uni rock night for some time now and we've always hired speakers in. We have now just come across some money so have ~£2000 to spend on getting our own speaker set

The set we hire currently is: http://www.dv247.com/pa-systems-and-live-sound/mackie-srm450v2-and-srm1801-bundle--78815

Which costs about £2000 new and we'd be looking for a pretty straight swap - I was wondering if you knew anything better for similar money?

- It needs to be rugged (not behringer) as it gets moved around a fair bit.
- It doesn't need to be active, but it's preferred for ease of moving/flexibility
- We use the system in a range of rooms including a hall ~300 people, a bar and a bar cellar ~100-150 people
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Shit the bed. I am probably gunna need to buy a PA and speakers soon. Didn't really think it'd cost THAT much. Damn.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Shit the bed. I am probably gunna need to buy a PA and speakers soon. Didn't really think it'd cost THAT much. Damn.

they don't have to cost that much, but if you buy new it all adds up and often ends up costing a fair bit more than you expected.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

lol wat, my goal PA system is $12k and that's not counting my (eventual) axe-fx rig
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.