Page 1 of 3
to day i was scrubbing a *****ng urinal (favorite part of the job) when a small drop of water splashed up and into my mouth. i cant stop thinking about it.

basically, post your experiences with lame jobs or the worst day you have had at work (while still remaining employed).
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Everyday is worse than the last....

EDIT: **** you I spotted it but am on a stupid slow computer!
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Nov 24, 2011,
Quote by slash_GNR666
Everyday is worst than the last....

In 2nd grade spelling class.
NOT EASILY LED, EASILY BANNED.
I once had the job to correct you grammar and make you use capitol letters. Needless to say I failed
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
Quote by Harvey Swick
to day i was scrubbing a *****ng urinal (favorite part of the job) when a small drop of water splashed up and into my mouth. i cant stop thinking about it.

Quote by kbabz22
I once had the job to correct you grammar and make you use capitol letters. Needless to say I failed

Pot meet kettle.
Quote by due 07

the worst part is i dont know what percentage of that small drop was piss. it still frightens me. i shall commence drinking the fright away.

Don't even get me started on how awful canvassing is.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by due 07
Pot meet kettle.

Told you I wasn't very good at it
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
Quote by StewieSwan
Don't even get me started on how awful canvassing is.

can't be as bad as a stranger's piss in your mouth, can it?

IT support for an ISP was fantastic, Barely scrape minimum wage, unholy hours and death threats from insane northerners.

Not much better now ive moved on but hey ho
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
Quote by DOHC
IT support for an ISP was fantastic, Barely scrape minimum wage, unholy hours and death threats from insane northerners.

Not much better now ive moved on but hey ho

before becoming a janitor and being subjected to charliework i worked for At&t doing customer service. the thing is, i get paid more now than i ever did doing that. call centers suck.

One of my students cancelled, leaving me with an hour in a quiet room without any distractions to practice my own repertoire. Work life is good.
I drained my balls to that first post. My worst day at work was when I was holding back tears while imagining as hard as I could the image of my head being blown open by a shotgun. I have climbed a few steps out of that pit of depression, but the blurry cold feel of it draped over me is intoxicating.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Last edited by ripple07 at Nov 24, 2011,
Quote by Harvey Swick
can't be as bad as a stranger's piss in your mouth, can it?

A strangers spit on my face
Check out my band Disturbed
I used to be a pot wash at a restaurant and there was this thing called the greasetrap, which basically contained everything that went down the sink as it filtered through (so all the bits of food and grease didn't go down the drain). It got full once or twice a week and it was my job to empty it out, which consisted of getting a tub and scooping what i could into a big bucket, then carrying that outside and tipping it into the sewer. This splashed up at me on many occasions.
Quote by StewieSwan
A strangers spit on my face

yeah that's pretty bad.

oh, wait...

today is going well. every camera I fix they fail another one. its like a broken camera exchange program

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

every job has ups and downs right

once i found a plastic but realistic looking toy iron laying around in a busy bar i was working in
carried that in my hand for the entire shift without putting it down once, got lots of girls numbers )

once i hit on an incredibly athletic customer in a bar/grill place and ended up hanging out with her later in my flat whereupon she told me she was 15 :'((

once another worker caught a guy doing coke in the toilets at a bar i was working in and kicked him out, he came back later threw a brick through the windows and smashed my nose in :XDDD
I worked in a backpacker hostel .. everyday I was cleaning up puke, shit, piss or whatever .. but there was one day where there was 3 incidents in the space of 30 minutes that made me question humanity.

First .. the girls toilets in the bar part .. girls are filthy animals and always left things much more ****ed up than guys .. but this .. i dunno, a toilet was blocked, i tried to toilet brush it, nope, plunge it, nope .. it was a bowl of thick yellow brown liquid .. in the end I had to put some rubber gloves on and shove my hand down there .. turns out some bimbo had tried to flush a pint glass .. soon as I lodged it free, a **** load of shit and puke just bubbled up and over the end of the gloves so i was covered.
Soon as that was done .. hostel toilets .. some girl decided she couldn't make it to the bowl so spewed up 30cm away from it, and up the sides of the cubicle .. turns out it was pretty chunky, I had to actually get a fresh pair of gloves and move all the chunks to the middle with my hand and scoop them up .. then finish cleanin all the rest up.
The last one is just confusing .. making up new beds .. there was a kitchen towel on the floor, my mate went to pick it up and there was just this huge turd in it .. as well as a trail along the floor, like they'd done that ass drag thing that dogs do .. we never really understood that one.
Anyway .. long day.
Quote by Blimpy19
I worked in a backpacker hostel .. everyday I was cleaning up puke, shit, piss or whatever .. but there was one day where there was 3 incidents in the space of 30 minutes that made me question humanity.

First .. the girls toilets in the bar part .. girls are filthy animals and always left things much more ****ed up than guys .. but this .. i dunno, a toilet was blocked, i tried to toilet brush it, nope, plunge it, nope .. it was a bowl of thick yellow brown liquid .. in the end I had to put some rubber gloves on and shove my hand down there .. turns out some bimbo had tried to flush a pint glass .. soon as I lodged it free, a **** load of shit and puke just bubbled up and over the end of the gloves so i was covered.
Soon as that was done .. hostel toilets .. some girl decided she couldn't make it to the bowl so spewed up 30cm away from it, and up the sides of the cubicle .. turns out it was pretty chunky, I had to actually get a fresh pair of gloves and move all the chunks to the middle with my hand and scoop them up .. then finish cleanin all the rest up.
The last one is just confusing .. making up new beds .. there was a kitchen towel on the floor, my mate went to pick it up and there was just this huge turd in it .. as well as a trail along the floor, like they'd done that ass drag thing that dogs do .. we never really understood that one.
Anyway .. long day.

I think we have a winner. that truly is disgusting.
**** no! I have an easy job where basically NOTHING can go wrong. I may get paid very little but it's simple and I spend most of the day talking with co-workers.
UG Radio

Quote by ddrocksv3_4xpk
Thine Behold one rollin?
Quote by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Lo, and the other lads be hating,
gallyvanting around,
attempting to catch me cycling in an unsavory fashion.

XBL: Panzyz

PSN: Dasan104
A bat attached itself to my leg for 4 hours and a crazy bird kept following me around and I was so scared it was gonna take a dump on my head.

idgaf though because my job is super fun
cat
working in a school as a cleaner, having to clean the girls toilets once, used sanitary towels and tampons just left all over the ****ing place. most horrid day i ever had at work
Hi, my name is Forrest and i play the Gee-tar

Current Equipment
Vintage V300 acoustic
Squier Bullet Strat
Fender FM 212R Amp
Vintage Les Paul

Next Guitar/Amp
none....... YET
I ALSO PRODUCE CRAPPY MUSIC
Twitter?
I was a correctional Officer for 6 years. A few years in, I had to arrest a fellow officer for bringing drugs and weapons into the facility for inmates. Bad day. To make things worse, this officer and I had been friends for years. He'd been to my house, and we'd worked side by side. we were pretty tight, I thought.

It gets worse... I got tasked with working overtime that night, because I'd been tasked with arresting the officer, I had to watch the officer in the holding cell waiting for the state police to show up. Somehow, this guy had gotten hold of a blade from a disposable razor and after telling me that he couldn't go to jail and that he was sorry, he slit his own throat, right in front of me.

Thats my worse day at work.
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
^ **** man that really is shitty

Well I'm unemployed now, but I haven't had much shitty experience. I've had two jobs here: Once in home theater installation (I was basically just moving TVs and speakers around, then helping the actual technician with wiring and shit) and the other being a session musician. The first one was terrible, my muscles would be sore and I'd work 13+ hours most times. It paid generously though. Being a session musician was awesome, but it paid jack shit.

EDIT: Just noticed this post is pretty off topic. Whatevz.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Nov 24, 2011,
Quote by OhNoItsHimAgain
working in a school as a cleaner, having to clean the girls toilets once, used sanitary towels and tampons just left all over the ****ing place. most horrid day i ever had at work

That's my idea of heaven. Did you not suck out the sweet, sweet nectar?
Quote by Steve635z
That's my idea of heaven. Did you not suck out the sweet, sweet nectar?

ewww...

I am a janitor, also, at a state campus here in Tennessee. One of the buildings we have to clean is the baseball clubhouse. Well, one day they had a big fish frying event, and put ALL of the waste in one garbage can. As I pulled it out, I walked it outside to the dumpster and it tore open on me. Baked beans and coleslaw got all over me. I was convinced a pack of dogs was tracking me to make the kill.

Also, on the subject of toilets:

Once, there was a toilet that the man couldn't get to in time. He must have shit while he made his descent, because it shot upwards, onto the wall, all over the toilet, got on the floor, and even the toilet seat of the stall next to it (HOW THE **** DO YOU DO THIS).

We had to get a pressure washer and power clean the ENTIRE bathroom.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Last edited by Cap'n Braid at Nov 25, 2011,
Quote by Cap'n Braid
I am a janitor, also, at a state campus here in Tennessee. One of the buildings we have to clean is the baseball clubhouse. Well, one day they had a big fish frying event, and put ALL of the waste in one garbage can. As I pulled it out, I walked it outside to the dumpster and it tore open on me. Baked beans and coleslaw got all over me. I was convinced a pack of dogs was tracking me to make the kill.

that sucks man. i change garbge cans very often and i cannot imagine what might heppen if that happened to me. i did almost knock my trashcart over(big gray thing with wheels that caries garbage) though.

my first day at work i started two different trashcans on fire within ten minutes of being left to my own devices.

Working the late shift on Black Friday last year. Folding the children's section clothes from 9pm to 3am really sucks. Not to mention the drive to and from work which was about 45min.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by Harvey Swick
that sucks man. i change garbge cans very often and i cannot imagine what might heppen if that happened to me. i did almost knock my trashcart over(big gray thing with wheels that caries garbage) though.

my first day at work i started two different trashcans on fire within ten minutes of being left to my own devices.

Oh, the trashcarts can be demons. One of the whales (kinda shaped like a shifted trapezoid, with wheels) had to be emptied one day after it had rained, well I was puling stuff out, and it tipped over as a deluge of muckwater ran all over my feet

I really need to stop wearing my canvas shoes there.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Quote by Andrea55
Working the late shift on Black Friday last year. Folding the children's section clothes from 9pm to 3am really sucks. Not to mention the drive to and from work which was about 45min.

yeah my job is at least an hour's drive. luckily the company provides transportation in form of a shuttle(bus). it costs $100.00 a month but it beats having to pay $20.00 every day in gas money. it seems you and i both work 10 hour days.

Cutco. That's all I have to say.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Reached my 15hr mark and had my entire shop searching the flightline for a tool i was missing, only to turn out that someone had borrowed it without permission from the supervisor i had lent it to and taken it home. I was so pissed that my expediter was bitching me out when it turned out to be his best buddy that caused everything.

Oh and guess what? Two weeks ago he bitched at me again for another missing tool. Well, that tool would have never gone missing if he hadn't f*cking given it away without me knowing.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Page 1 of 3