I wouldn't see why not, but is it okay to put electric guitar strings on an acoustic guitar? I have 11 gauge GHS Boomers and I just broke a string on my acoustic and don't feel like going out to a music store.

Thanks!

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
While ive not done it personally, my mate just puts Ernie Ball slinkys on his accoustic and says it sounds fine
Yep! youre just gonna get a brighter sound. Personally i like it because it cuts alot of the mids and the boomyness of an acoustic guitar.

I use d'addario 12's (Jazz Lights) with a wound 3rd and I love them.

Just make sure your gauges are the same and you should be ok.
It's NEVER Lupus
My Gear:
2010 Fender Highway One strat
2010 Epi Les Paul Standard
2005 Squier p bass
2007 Yamaha F310
2011 Epiphone Korina Firebird
2013 Hudson Telecaster
Kustom Quad 200 (4x12)
Fender frontman 212r
As long as the gauge that your putting on is close to the gauge that broke, it's not going to hurt anything...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Got it. Thanks, guys!

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Acoustic strings are usually Bronze or Phosphor bronze wound. Bronze is a non-ferrous metal and won't interrupt the magnetic field of an electric pickup as well as the ferrous-wound electric strings.

No problem putting electric strings on an acoustic guitar, although if your truss rod is adjusted for heavier strings and you're putting lighter strings on the guitar for a good length of time you might want to have the rod adjusted.

The truss rod is designed to provide an opposing tension on the neck counter to the forward tension the strings place on the neck. If the rod is pulling harder than the strings, the neck could begin to warp backwards. Shouldn't be much to worry about in the short run, though.

The tone will be different, which it sounds like you're liking. Another factor is that most people use a plain "G" string on electrics whereas they'll use a wound "G" on an acoustic. Changing that voices chords differently.
Quote by lkngro
I wouldn't see why not, but is it okay to put electric guitar strings on an acoustic guitar? I have 11 gauge GHS Boomers and I just broke a string on my acoustic and don't feel like going out to a music store.

Thanks!

Searchbar already geez. This question has been asked and answered countless times in this forum.