Page 1 of 4
As some of you may know the Swastika is a symbol forbidden by law in Germany (for obvious historical reasons).

Recently, a swastika was drawn in an elevator at our school, and the student body is debating whether or not to actively start a campaign to further awareness about anti-semitism and neo-nazis.

For a little background information: There have currently been a series of Neo-nazi murders here in Germany, and there is going to be a big Neo-nazi rally in Dresden soon, so the whole topic is pretty present in everyone's minds.

I would like to know people's opinions about protesting against the Neo-nazis and if you think having a campaign, holding seminars and putting up posters against their group at a university would do any good?
Where I come from, the neo-nazis rarely leave the internet. Except for the occasional white guy at Wal-Mart wearing an SS t-shirt that says, "Support your local white boy." The last time I saw one was when I was working at a gas station with a gay man. As soon as I saw it, I started to pretend I was gay and latin as fuck. Like John Leguizamo in To Wong Fu.

But more on topic, no... I don't think neo-Nazis are going to care.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Nov 24, 2011,
What is left to say about Neo-Nazis that hasn't been said already?

Nobody considers becoming a Neo-Nazi. Most people already hate them and have good reason to. As for the nazis themselves, well, I doubt any seminars would change their opinions.
Posters only do good if they say "wanted: Dead" on them.

But really, like everyone said, the only way to get rid of neo-nazis is to debate with them one on one.
I think counter-demonstrating would be a good idea, yeah. Especially if you can build a broad coalition of opposition to highlight how isolated and ****witty they are. Also, I dunno if they're like British fascists, but it'd also help defuse any potential nasty situations with minorities if the community consolidated against them.
You know, in a real fourth reich they'll be the first to go.
Unless they think.

But actually this could work:
Quote by So-Cal
Send them to Auschwitz.

Obviously, not to gas them, but just to let them understand what really went on. This actually has been practiced by Swedish schools. Take them on a trip to a concentration camp and it gets under their skin.
REGGIE
Last edited by LeakyFlask at Nov 24, 2011,
You have made the fatal assumption that Neo-Nazis have the ability to use reason.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
maybe don't do seminars, but some nice anti-nazi propaganda posters would be cool.
I think anti-Semitism "awareness" or whatever is a good idea... still a group largely discriminated against, so largely that it's almost natural for plenty of societies.
My God, it's full of stars!
I heard about that. Dresden is a bit far from me just for a rally, if I was a bit closer I might be going (I'm in Munich), but I definitely support them.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by CoreysMonster
there is going to be a big Neo-nazi rally in Dresden soon,

Quote by JagerSlushy
I heard about that. Dresden is a bit far from me just for a rally, if I was a bit closer I might be going (I'm in Munich), but I definitely support them.

That's great dude.
Wait...

Quote by CoreysMonster
big Neo-nazi rally

Quote by JagerSlushy
I definitely support them.

REGGIE
Quote by JagerSlushy

you know that NEO-NAZI mean nazi supporter right?...
The whole banning of Neo Nazis is a bit of a funny one.

To completely ban a particular group becuase you dont share their beliefs is, in itself, something rather nazi-ish.

However, i deplore nazism in all its forms. A lot of the time it is born of ignorance and most of the people who say they believe these things are in fact just angry people who feel theyve been dealt a shitty hand and find it easier to blame a particular group of people rather than take responsibilty themselves.

People who call themselves Nazis dont need reprimanding, they need educating
Last edited by LivinJoke84 at Nov 24, 2011,
A little off-topic, but are like hindu swastikas forbidden? And idk about posters and seminars, I'd just say bring out picket lines and forbid them from holding it
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Quote by joestrat5000
A little off-topic, but are like hindu swastikas forbidden? And idk about posters and seminars, I'd just say bring out picket lines and forbid them from holding it

i dont the that hindu swastikas are forbidden.
Quote by Jackal58
You have made the fatal assumption that Neo-Nazis have the ability to use reason.

This. They think Tolkein is a white nationalist because of Lord of the Rings.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

you should force them to where swastikas all the time, so everyone will be able to easily identify them as Neo-Nazis, the way the Nazis forced the Jews to wear stars of David.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I think people needed to be educated at an early age about right and wrong. Maybe it would stop some people becoming neo-nazis, maybe not. But by the time someone is at uni their opinions aren't going to change.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
This. They think Tolkein is a white nationalist because of Lord of the Rings.

What?

you should force them to where swastikas all the time, so everyone will be able to easily identify them as Neo-Nazis, the way the Nazis forced the Jews to wear stars of David

No
Quote by LivinJoke84
What?

You know how all the different races live together, the dwarves don't like elves, and one of the biggest crimes Sauron committed was cross breeding to make Orcs? Yeah.

Anyway, I don't necessarily know that a protest would do any good because a good portion of neo-Nazi mentality has to do with fitting in with their respective peers rather than any real animosity towards non-whites. Hence why so many people join the Aryan Brotherhood in prison. That's kind of the whole point of America History X. So, in that regard, drawing a line of separation wouldn't help.
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Nov 24, 2011,
Quote by LeakyFlask
You know, in a real fourth reich they'll be the first to go.
Unless they think.

Shame to know there still are Nazis around. They should put posters on the walls. Like the one with a swastika being thrown in the trashbin.
Quote by durhamdynamo
I like my coffee like I like my women.

Covered in bees!
Last edited by diamanth at Nov 24, 2011,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know how all the different races live together, the dwarves don't like elves, and one of the biggest crimes Sauron committed was cross breeding to make Orcs? Yeah.

Never really thought of it like that

Nor shall i again
Quote by sashki
What is left to say about Neo-Nazis that hasn't been said already?

Nobody considers becoming a Neo-Nazi. Most people already hate them and have good reason to. As for the nazis themselves, well, I doubt any seminars would change their opinions.

Partly this. Posters and seminars aren't going to change neo-Nazis' minds, but also keeping awareness high among other people is a good idea. You need to make sure people don't slip into apathy or even empathy concerning neo-Nazis, it needs to kept a hot topic (as it IS a current hop topic).
Quote by JagerSlushy

Too bad, bro. Heard there will be an awesome BBQ competition this year.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I think the best way is to ignore them. A lot of these groups thrive on opposition and controversy (I am thinking of the EDL and BNP in England). Anti-demonstrations usually just end up in violence and reinforce their own position further; i.e. if they walked around and no-one was there to jeer, they would look, and probably feel, a bit foolish and pointless.

However, without opposition, this could result in them growing stronger and more predominant in society, so I don't know really....

Holding seminars won't do anything though.
Quote by LeakyFlask
That's great dude.
Wait...

I forgot to add, there's also a big ANTI-Nazi rally in Dresden as a counter-demonstration

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant.
Quote by CoreysMonster
there is going to be a big Neo-nazi rally in Dresden soon

Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Last edited by Drakathan at Nov 24, 2011,
Quote by CoreysMonster
I forgot to add, there's also a big ANTI-Nazi rally in Dresden as a counter-demonstration

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant.

No, he doesn't.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by LivinJoke84
To completely ban a particular group becuase you dont share their beliefs is, in itself, something rather nazi-ish.

Yes, we should also let all the rapist out of prison, because who gives us the right
to ban rape. After all they really love raping.

Idiotic statement.
Quote by pegadeth
Yes, we should also let all the rapist out of prison, because who gives us the right

Idiotic statement.

A little much racism doesn't hurt anybody.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by pegadeth

Idiotic statement.

These two things really aren't comparable.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by pegadeth

Idiotic statement.

not the same thing.

you're idiotic.
Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand
Quote by Jack Off Jill
These two things really aren't comparable.

Yes they are. They're both things that are wrong just because we say they are.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender

rape is an act, nazism is an ideology
Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand
Quote by Drakathan

As far as I know it's only the act of showing a swastika that's illegal.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
As far as I know it's only the act of showing a swastika that's illegal.

as far as i'm concerned, we're not talking about showing swastikas, we're talking about having nazist ideologies

but, sure, in that case you're right
Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand
Quote by the bartender

I can be peaceful while wearing a swastika, I can't be peaceful while raping somebody. They're not comparable.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Drakathan

Yeah, the two things are not comparable.

One is a belief, one is a physical act which violates someones rights.

You saying that someone walking past you with a swastika on their arm is exactly the same as them raping you.

No
Page 1 of 4