Alright, so I'm gonna get an Agile Septor Pro 727 (which is both a 7 string and a 27" scale guitar) so I have to ask anyone who owns a long scale guitar, do you have any trouble finding strings for it? Is there any particular brand that works better?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
d'addario works well under higher tension, they even make specialized baritone sets, and sets with wound 3rds.
There are no brands which work better or worse in this cntext. Some brands make strings that last longer or feel slicker when new but when we're talking about longer scale lengths and extended range guitars we're basically talking about tension and stability here and that's just down to gauge.

I have one 27" 7-string and a 26.5" 7-string. The 26.5" is tuned regular B standard and I use .09s for that on the three unwound strings and the wound strings come from a .10 7-string set. The 27" is tuned down half a step (Bb standard) and uses .10s for the first five strings and the 6th and 7th strings come from a .11 set. I find this is the best mix for the two slightly different scale lengths and slightly different tunings.

I use .10s for all 25.5" and 24.75" scale guitars regardless of tuning so that's the sort of feel I aim to match with the extended scales. If you prefer .11s on regular guitars then I'd repeat my above suggestion but move everything up a gauge, or if you normally prefer .09s then move everything down a gauge. I wouldn't recommend anything lighter than .09s for the high strings and nothing heavier than .12s for the lowest three strings. Even that would be a lot in fact.
My RG2228 has a locking bridge, but I have to cut so much off anyway... GHS and D'Addario have pleeenty of string.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
D'addario baritones
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Depends what you're tuning to really. I just threw a custom set on my 26.5" of 13-17-23-31-42-56-85 for drop-G and they're great on the low strings. But I'm probably going to go a touch lighter because they are a bit tight on the high side for my tastes though not unplayable.
Ibanez RGD2127Z w/ BKP Aftermaths
Seagull Entourage Rustic
Peavey 6505 212
Dunlop ZW-45 Crybaby