When I change chords, especially power chords, the notes mute as I lift off the strings to go to the next chord. Currently learning "I Was Wrong" by Social Distortion and in the intro when it's going from D#5-A#5-F5-G#5 progression I notice on the recording it's so smooth with no break in the notes.

Anyway, I do play power chords with the two barred finger technique.

Hopefully I described it correctly.

Any advice? Thank you in advance.
Slide your fingers along the strings to the next chord, instead of lifting and placing them in the new chord area.
^This.

when you lift your hand off of the strings they mute and the notes stop play because you arent hold them down any more. they turn into quiet open strings. so just slide from chord to chord (still releasing a bit of pressure from the strings)
I get it but what if you're switching from power chords where the root note is one string below the next chord like C5 to G5?

---------------
---------------
----5----------
----5----5----
----3----5----
--------- 3----
Change the way you play it, or slide up the strings. I don't know how to explain it, I've been sliding fluently between chords since I began playing... If you know the finger-rolling technique for sweeping, apply that, but without putting pressure on the string, as if you're attempting to get harmonics or percussive sounds.

I think this would be the same as what you tabbed: 81010XXX 355XXX Those are 10's, not 1's and 0's, unless you play a double-neck guitar with 8 strings on one neck :P
Instead of hitting the C5 in that position, slide up the neck to the C5 that's on the E string. Just because it's written that way on someones tab doesn't mean you need to play it that way.

-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
----10----5----
----10----5----
-----8-----3----
I get it but what if you're switching from power chords where the root note is one string below the next chord like C5 to G5?

Relax your fingers, move them across a string, apply pressure.

They should actually be in contact with the strings the whole time - this level of control takes time to develop but it's a good idea to practise it.