Page 1 of 2
Hey guys !
I was thinking to buy the regular peavey 6505 but I dont know if it is worth it .
In here, Eastern Europe, it will cost somewhere 650-700 euros used.
A new Bugera would cost like 350 euros.
I need an amp to practice and record at home mainly, as I dont have a heavy metal band.
I have heard the Bugeras will break up quickly, but what if i won't gig probably at all ?
How is the sound compared to the 6505 ?
Ofcourse It can't be the same, but is the 6260 more ballsy than 6262 too as 6505 is ballsier than 6505+ ?

So what do you think of it overall .?
Which is worth to buy if I can but wouldnt want to waste that much money on 6505 ?

Thanks !
If it's a new Bugera, and you aren't gigging, then I don't see why not. Take the extra money and get new t00bz and decent cab.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarpwner
got a stereo marshall 2x12 cab with V30s and thought about retubing too

y stereo?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
why would you "go cheap" if you can afford quality?

it always seems like a good idea until...

yeah.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
why would you "go cheap" if you can afford quality?

it always seems like a good idea until...

yeah.

becouse i need money for other stuff too
This goes back and forth all day, so I'll try to simplify the price difference as best I can. Basically, the Peavey will still be kicking ass in 40+ years. It's a high quality MIA amp, with some of the best build quality in the business (Peaveys are more road worthy than Marshall or Mesa). The Bugera might sound very similar, but I can guarantee that it will break down before that time.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Guitarpwner
becouse i need money for other stuff too

good luck then.
Quote by gregs1020
(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

good luck then.

Bugera has worked out their issues
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie

how the hell would you know that?

are you supervising the asian factories?

you personally know how old each amp in every store is?

you know how long it's been there?

man if so, hats off to you sir.

i happen to know where a couple "old" bugeras are. guess where? sitting in a store, being sold as new.

my point remains, you can either go with proven quality or a proven gamble.
Quote by gregs1020
how the hell would you know that?

are you supervising the asian factories?

you personally know how old each amp in every store is?

you know how long it's been there?

man if so, hats off to you sir.

i happen to know where a couple "old" bugeras are. guess where? sitting in a store, being sold as new.

my point remains, you can either go with proven quality or a proven gamble.

I've only read that the newer models were improved, you bring up a very good point, and if I was in his position, I would get the 6505.

Don't beat me up D:
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
i got a 333xl and i push it hard all the time band practices and gigs, and its been holding up for a year now. ive had it for 2 years never had a problem other than tubes. i dont know where the idea that they suck comes from.
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Just to let you know TS, I bought mines well over a year ago and have had zero problems.

Like me, not everyone can afford to buy all the best gear.

My "gamble" has certainly paid off.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Offworld92
This goes back and forth all day, so I'll try to simplify the price difference as best I can. Basically, the Peavey will still be kicking ass in 40+ years. It's a high quality MIA amp, with some of the best build quality in the business (Peaveys are more road worthy than Marshall or Mesa). The Bugera might sound very similar, but I can guarantee that it will break down before that time.

Id say mesa, peavey and marshall are all about the same in durability.

Id like to know how you know statistics that peaveys reliability is better.

Other than mesas are way more complex than any peavey.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by Guitarbaddie

The new ones have worked out their quality, however build construction is what really matters long term.

Peavey 65XX are tanks. Personally I have not opened up a Bugera, but from seeing pictures of the internals they are made cheaply. You get what you pay for.
i wouldn't want my studio to go up in flames (used for flames, not anger as it says) i have . go peavey.

i was at a show where there were two guitarists with 6505 fullstacks one of them stepped on the others 6505 head fell from the fullstack onto the riser. they stepped off stage for a moment. five minutes later they come up, and i was expecting a "sorry we aren't going to be able to play tonight", but whadda know? he lifed that head back up on top and they played the rest of the show.

i asked what he did after. and i saw that the amp was a little bit dinged and a little tolex ripped, but he just had to reseat a powertube.

if that is not bulletproof, i dont know what is.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by themelodicdeathshow
Id say mesa, peavey and marshall are all about the same in durability.

Id like to know how you know statistics that peaveys reliability is better.

Other than mesas are way more complex than any peavey.

Word of mouth, and just reading a lot on the internet. I also go to Hollywood a lot, and have a lot of interraction with gigging musicians. I also own a 5150 myself.

Also,
Quote by trashedlostfdup

i was at a show where there were two guitarists with 6505 fullstacks one of them stepped on the others 6505 head fell from the fullstack onto the riser. they stepped off stage for a moment. five minutes later they come up, and i was expecting a "sorry we aren't going to be able to play tonight", but whadda know? he lifed that head back up on top and they played the rest of the show.

i asked what he did after. and i saw that the amp was a little bit dinged and a little tolex ripped, but he just had to reseat a powertube.

if that is not bulletproof, i dont know what is.

This. I just honestly can't imagine a Marshall or Mesa surviving with such minimal damage.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Word of mouth, and just reading a lot on the internet. I also go to Hollywood a lot, and have a lot of interraction with gigging musicians. I also own a 5150 myself.

Also,

This. I just honestly can't imagine a Marshall or Mesa surviving with such minimal damage.

the Marshall would have been in a dozen pieces. mesa's are pretty solid IMO as well (if not better), but its one of those things, who knows. hitting on the corner, or hitting on the face, whatever way it hit could have a different outcome. he did get really really lucky, but who knows about next time, or a bugera.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If you need an amp that doesn't break if you just sneeze on it, get the 6505. If not, you can get the cheap plastic toy that is the Bugera.

I don't care how great Bugeras sound, the one 333xl that I played looked like a fucking movie prop because of how cheaply it was made.

...Of course, to my ears the 6262 sounds better than the 6505. Don't know what it is, hotter bias in the 6262 maybe? It's more clear and less fizzy. I know this sounds insane but if I could get a 6505 to sound as good as a 6262 I'd buy it in a second.
Jet City also make amps that could do heavy metal & are better built than Bugera's, unless you absolutely want a 6505 clone...
Quote by Adam124
Just to let you know TS, I bought mines well over a year ago and have had zero problems.

Like me, not everyone can afford to buy all the best gear.

My "gamble" has certainly paid off.

Quote by Offworld92

Also,

Internet and word of mouth nuff said lmao
Theres really no possible way to prove it still

I do agree with the marshall might get fd up but a mesa would survive it easy.

Ive put mesas and peaveys through some shit, Ive owned several 5150/6505s and owned a single rec and dual rec and I had a mark iv in my possesion for almost a year it wasnt mine though never had issues with any.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
I got my Bugera, a 333 XL combo, some three and a half years ago, bought it when they came out. I've gigged it with a lot, and abused it to oblivion. It has fallen over, being played in rain, endured a drop from a small riser and generally mistreated by ignoring warm-up and cooling times. Recently it's been my priority bass amp for year and a half, half cranked for three hours - twice a week.

Myriad of (apparently useless) screws have dismantled themselves from the inside, but mother****er still champions on. And now the three year warranty has expired.
Last edited by Keskimaki at Nov 25, 2011,
Quote by coolstoryangus

I'm a ****ing millionaire now you bastards
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
I'm a ****ing millionaire now you bastards

now you can afford that peavey.
Which is what you really wanted adam... Nobody buys a bugera out of choice and not financial reasons.
There are only a few things that are great when they are extremely hot, women, and tubes.

Ok besides that completely irrelevant line, Mesa's are built like tanks. I may be bias because I own one, but I'm not worried about it breaking unless it falls out of my car going 65+ on the freeway.

Get a 6505!
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Naw lads my musical preferences have changed over the past year. I don't want a 6505 anymore, shite cleans.

Axe FX sometime in 2012!
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
Naw lads my musical preferences have changed over the past year. I don't want a 6505 anymore, shite cleans.

Axe FX sometime in 2012!

LOL0

THAT'S NOT T00B
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie

Nope. If their customer service is anything to go by, they've got some serious PR stuff to sort out too.

Great sounding amp, they just have a lot more lemons than you would expect a big company like Behringer to produce/distribute. I know. Mine died 3 days after I bought because the power supply failed, and then one of speakers crapped out a few months later, and I would have had to wait 3 months for replacement speaker.
Quote by Adam124

Axe FX sometime in 2012!

Their cleans are not great. Easily usable though. But on the other hand, no other amp in the world sounds like a 6505. An Axe FX certainly doesn't. That's where the dilemma comes in. The Axe can't replicate tube harmonics. I think it's overpriced for what it is.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Both awesome amps. The bugera sounds a bit nicer.

I have had my bugera for over 3years I think now. Not a single problem, and if the issues have been sorted out then even better. It has been dropped, and been gigged with with since I got it.

The one I have is the 333xl though. If you are looking for that peavey sound the 6262 is the one to get. It sounds a bit clearer than the peavey too, but its a bit harder to eq somehow considering they are supposed to b clones
its STILL funny to see that people care about Bugeras. If you arent making your money playing music, why spend the money on a Peavey when the Bugera sounds better, not built better, but sounds better. My 6262 has performed great and it's been about 3 yrs for me as well.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by madh4ttr
its STILL funny to see that people care about Bugeras. If you arent making your money playing music, why spend the money on a Peavey when the Bugera sounds better, not built better, but sounds better. My 6262 has performed great and it's been about 3 yrs for me as well.

>Playing music to make money.
>Bugera sounds better.

*Hands you a +5 flameshield.*

Shine on you crazy troll part I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
>Bugera sounds better.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Guitarbaddie
>Bugera sounds better.

bunch of dorks
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by madh4ttr
bunch of dorks

Y0U L34VE TH3 BUG3R4 M1LIT1A AL0N3!!!!!!!!
Quote by Guitarbaddie
>Bugera sounds better.

Oh fuck that's funny.

Quote by coolstoryangus
Which is what you really wanted adam... Nobody buys a bugera out of choice and not financial reasons.

That's a new face.

Quote by dahelunover
Jet City also make amps that could do heavy metal & are better built than Bugera's, unless you absolutely want a 6505 clone...

Only me and Ian can recommend Jet City for teh br00tz.

Quote by FearMyLightning
Bugera sounds more mids scooped to me. Plus, why get some cheap clone instead of getting the real thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9ghM952BB8

Ola's video makes me think that as well.

My sentiments? You can find a 5150/65XX series head for goddamn cheap on eBay/Cragislist. Probably less than or equal to a Bugera 6262.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Page 1 of 2