I am very content with my home-tone. Which is distorted and yet not that distorted to allow clean solos while maintaining a good strong tone.

At the studio at which I repetition though, the amps are not like that. So I'm wondering whether you guys have any tips on setting it up quickly.

I don't have time at the studio to completely tweak the amp in attempt to find the perfect tone. It's some kind of a big marshal MG, so, any ... sort of tips?

How to set the EQ on it?
Is there any way that you can bring your amp from home to the studio? Try and show up a little earlier to the studio so that you can take a few minutes to mess with the EQ on the MG.

Apart from that, I don't have much experience with the Marshall MG's, so I'll let someone else chime in on that.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
Is there any way that you can bring your amp from home to the studio? Try and show up a little earlier to the studio so that you can take a few minutes to mess with the EQ on the MG.

Apart from that, I don't have much experience with the Marshall MG's, so I'll let someone else chime in on that.

No way. The studio is 1.5h from me, I'm on public transport and already carrying my guitar and the processor.
Try turning down the treble a notch or two, boost the mid and the bass and then lower the gain/drive a bit.

Try setting up your rhythm tone on your bridge pickup with your guitars volume at 5-6, then for your solo's flick to your neck pickup at volume 10.

Just a suggestion, its really up to yourself.
What kind of POS studio has an MG?

You can EQ out some of the bad, but really you're just SOL with that amp, unless you have some crazy post processing skills.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
What kind of POS studio has an MG?

You can EQ out some of the bad, but really you're just SOL with that amp, unless you have some crazy post processing skills.

What the hell are those abbreviations?

Being a player of warcraft, POS= pit of saron, SOL= seal of light
Quote by Zeletros
What the hell are those abbreviations?

Being a player of warcraft, POS= pit of saron, SOL= seal of light

POS = Piece of shit

No idea about SOL, though.

Anywho, I've never actually played through an MG, but I've heard them(mainly played by beginners who couldn't EQ for the life of them), and they aren't the greatest amps in the world.
I'm sure it's possible to get a decent tone, it might just take a while. Sit down and tweak it until sounds good. That's it, I guess.

Good luck my friend, you'll need it.
RIP Adam
Haha, sorry. POS is piece of shit, SOL is shit outta luck.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by SexyLikeAPig
POS = Piece of shit

No idea about SOL, though.

Anywho, I've never actually played through an MG, but I've heard them(mainly played by beginners who couldn't EQ for the life of them), and they aren't the greatest amps in the world.
I'm sure it's possible to get a decent tone, it might just take a while. Sit down and tweak it until sounds good. That's it, I guess.

Good luck my friend, you'll need it.

Yeah...

I've been going to that studio for a few weeks, it has good drums, but damn...

These tones are so freaking horrible. So dirty... seriously.
No studio worth half a damn would only have a Marshall MG available. Those are beginner amps, even the big ones, and aren't worthy of recording by any standards.