combine them. jackson.

/thread
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
i like fender a lot, but for me, nothing screams rock n roll louder than a Gibson Les Paul Cherryburst plugged to a marshall stack, so i'd say Gibson :P
Quote by thedevilsguitar
Which one do you think is better? I have both but I personally like my fender more.

Neither is better, obviously. They're different.
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Depends. I have a strat, an LP and a tele. All of them are amazing guitars. I love my strat and my LP the same.
Choosing between Fender and Gibson is like choosing between a penis and testicles, I'd rather have both.
Gibson takes the cake for me. It just seems to have a bigger and bolder sound.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by Sewn Up
Gibson takes the cake for me. It just seems to have a bigger and bolder sound.

And a bigger price tag :/

Despite my strat costing double what my LP did
Slayarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by mnf50
Choosing between Fender and Gibson is like choosing between a penis and testicles, I'd rather have both.

This is genius. It's going in my sig
GEAR
Squier Strat

Custom Audio Electronics MC404 CAE Wah
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss RC-3 Looper

Marshall JVM 205C
I was gonna say "here we go", but it already happened.

Welcome to UG.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
And a bigger price tag :/

Despite my strat costing double what my LP did

Haha I do have to agree, my gibson was 900$. It was worth it though!
Quote by thedevilsguitar
Haha I do have to agree, my gibson was 900$. It was worth it though!

Thats actually a really good deal unless it was a low end Gibson. My Epiphone was $1,000. I'd take a high end epiphone over a low end Gibson any day of the week.
Guitars: Epiphone Slash AFD Les Paul, Schecter Omen-6, and Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Amp: Jet City JCA20H with JCA12s cab
Pedalboard: Crybaby Classic, Boss DS-1, Korg Multi FX, BBE Boosta Grande, Rocktron HUSH Pedal. ProCo Rat.
Quote by Punkrokkboi
Thats actually a really good deal unless it was a low end Gibson. My Epiphone was $1,000. I'd take a high end epiphone over a low end Gibson any day of the week.

Nah. The Gibson will nearly always be better. Or in my experience. All the studios I've played I have much preferred over the Epi Les Pauls. But that's an opinion of mine and we could be here all night bitching about it and I cannot be arsed, so accept that it's my opinion and I'll accept that you would prefer a high end epi.
My Fender Strat is my #1, I just find I get more of a range of sounds than out of it than I do my Gibson LP.

Plus I have had issues with the switch, tuning pegs and finish on my LP yet I have never had an issue with my Fender.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
Stratocasters and Telecasters are much more versatile than LPs, but are about the same as 335s and SGs. This comes from a person who has actually played none of them.
Ibanez.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
I want to say PRS, but I've never had the pleasure to play one.

But on topic... both companies make good guitars. It just happens that Fender has better quality control than Gibson, and is more reasonably priced. They also make solid amps, while the only amps Gibson puts out are these measly things meant for historical nostalgia (and thats not very often.) At the moment, I'm a Fender man.
I pride myself on my humility.