Does anyone know anything about homebrew pedals. I've been lookin at the distortion/od pedals like the full metal jacket and the Gary holt pedal, but all I've heard of them is hrough YouTube and few reviews on them. I know their pretty expensive and I doubt guitar center will have em. But any info would be very appreciated.
Thanks
they're pretty nice, though as far as i'm aware, most (if not all) are lightly modified/modified/not-even-modified existing pedals just with boutique "mojo".

What's put me off them (and other people too) is that they now have a section on their website where it says that unless you've bought the pedal new from a dealer, not to contact them regarding any problems or repairs.

I have a s/h big d which has some problems, and while i wouldn't expect them to fix it for free, to refuse to even answer an email or give me a little advice is a bit off.

apart from anything it makes you wonder how reliable they are if they've had to put that on their website.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no worries

EDIT: actually, they've changed their site now (i hadn't checked it for a while).

"If you purchased your pedal used or if it is beyond the warranty date we now offer a service that will give your pedal a 90 day warranty. Cost for the service is $40.00, includes return shipping in the continental United States. The service consists of a complete inspection of your pedal, replacing any damaged or worn parts and updating it to the latest specs. Does not include cosmetics/finish. Please email for further details and shipping instructions."

That's a lot better. At least you have the option, now.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 25, 2011,
They're supposed to sound pretty good. But the build doesn't look all that great.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
yeah, i know before freestompboxes had to remove its boutique section, some of the guys there were complaining about them... even the designs, the fact that they were so derivative and also some modified bits didn't make a whole heap of sense.

they do sound pretty good, to be fair.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?