Hey,

I'm looking for a free recording program to do covers and demos on.

I just want something that I'll be able to put drum loops into and record some guitar and bass over, in multiple tracks. Besides for Audacity, are there any other good free ones?

Also - if anyone has a Line 6 GX, which I plan to use for this, can you record bass sounds with a guitar on it? I don't have a bass but I'm just wondering if you can use the bass heads/cabs that are on POD farm and get a bass sound but still use your guitar instead of an actual bass. If not I can work something out by buying a cheap bass or something, but that's just a quick little thing I was wondering.

Any help is appreciated
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
reaper, it says you have to pay but you actually dont. the free trial never ends
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
Audacity
*Troll Face*
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Yeah someone had told me about Reaper before but when I looked into it I saw that you have to pay, but if you don't that's great! I'll check it out, thanks
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by shredibanez24
Yeah someone had told me about Reaper before but when I looked into it I saw that you have to pay, but if you don't that's great! I'll check it out, thanks

You'll like it, the UI is pretty straight even though I only used it about 6 times.
XD
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
You don't *have* to pay for Reaper, as in it won't lock you out after the trial is over.

But, if you like it, there is a moral imperative to pay for a license... which is ridiculously cheap.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.