Hey, I'm toying with buying the Cathedral reverb from Electro Harmonix, and there's a couple of things I want to clear up before I part with my money.
I'm just wondering if it's possible to get a reverse effect which is purely the modulated sound?
Also, could it possibly provide an effect similar to a vintage Fender amp reverb?
I'm also wondering about the quality of the infinite sustain feature?
Thanks in advance.
'The Blues is Easy to Play, but Hard to Feel'
Jimi Hendrix
my friend has a cathedral and it's sitting right next to me hahaha.

I think the spring reverb on it sounds pretty nice. does it sound like a fender spring tank? i'm not quite sure because I don't have a vintage fender to compare it to haha.

I can check about the reverse. are you just asking if you can have reverse reverb with no dry signal?

also, the infinite button is really cool. whatever sound you're currently making, it just holds it out as long as you hold the button down.

overall the pedal sounds really really good.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeah, I mean no dry signal whatsoever, with the blend right the way up. I've heard demos but they had the pre delay (i think) set quite high so it wasn't very responsive and I want to make sure it makes the sound I'm looking for before I decide to buy it.
Also, is it true bypass? In terms of board real estate, how compact is the unit?
Thanks for all your help
Jimi Hendrix
The hall of fame from TC has a kill dry switch if you open it up. Not really sure how it compares to the EHX though.
My friend is turning on his cathedral now to check hahaha.

When the reverse is on and the mix is on 100%, there is NO dry signal.

edit: holy crap it sounds really cool when you have it set like that with a delay after
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I think I'm going to have to own one! I'm also wanting to get myself an EHX Memory Boy and an EHX Nano Double Muff. I'm aware that's a lot of Electro Harmonix gear, but I've already got my Digitech Bad Monkey (pretty good overdrive for the price!), and my amp's pretty versatile. Is anybody aware of a pedal that can do a few decent modulation effects on the same pedal, like flange and tremolo that I could put on the board?

EDIT: By the way, thank you for all your help
Jimi Hendrix