hello

basically my band have recorded an EP

we are looking to title it and still cant decide on a title so I have surgested calling it either "1" or just leaving it blank.

my view being that its our first release and its only an EP so it doesnt really need a title...

just looking for some opinions on this... do you think we need to title it or is it better just leaving it blank?
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
You should definitely give it a name... If it hasn't got one then no one will really take it seriously, you need rep before you can just leave something blank for that 'mystery' effect. Just go through the lyrics of all of the songs on it and pick out a couple of words or a phrase, it doesn't need to describe the EP as a whole really, although that helps.
As cool and swaggerific it would be to leave it blank, I would not do that. But I do see where you're coming from with the simple naming idea. "1" seems like a good idea to me, but I would always put a name to my work. What are the names to your songs on the EP? Perhaps take the name from one of those?
"Joker"
"Beauty in progress"
"love song" (this does have some french title that I cant remember)
"Far away from reality"
"With the promise of tomorrow"
"Sorrow"

I just dont want to name it after any of the songs because they kinda sound abit generic...
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Or just Frenzy, that would sound cool. What style of music is it?
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
I think putting just your band name and an "I" or "1" on it would be enough.
If you don't give it an "official" title, it will be referred to as the "<Your bandname> EP".

If you're happy with that, I'd put it on the front anyways. Otherwise just take a title of a song and put it on the front.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I always dig naming the demo or EP. Aside from a song name, I often choose a name based on my goal or desire for the album...

Years back, I name a demo "Prove Yourself" and another demo I named "Never Stop." Maybe by talking to your band mates you could get a mission statement type thing and name the album of that... "Set The World on Fire"
This may sound like bad advice, but go cliche. A simple name for an album is not a bad thing. Look at the Red Hot Chili Peppers "I'm With You" or Muse's "The Resistance". Even the Beatles' "Revolver".
Quote by AlanHB
If you don't give it an "official" title, it will be referred to as the "<Your bandname> EP".

If you're happy with that, I'd put it on the front anyways. Otherwise just take a title of a song and put it on the front.

+1, that's what I came into the thread to say.
My band named ours the John EP. Named after our friend John P. its a fun little play on words. The title doesn't have to even really relate to the music. Though I wouldn't go naming it something like blood fetus if your an alternative band or something like that :P
it often depends on the music.
self-titled is always fine, but you only get one. unless you want numbers.
you could always use one of the song titles.
or take one of your favorite lyrics from one of the songs.
How about: "The Second Coming of the Beerbong Jarhead"
I don't know. Was the first thing that popped into my head.

Good luck.
An EP definitely needs a name. If it's more of a demo then you can get away with no name.

I'd consider an EP a proper release, so it really needs a name.

Loads of people have trouble coming up with names, be it for the band, for songs, EPs/Albums etc, just put some serious time into it, you could probably come up with a name for it, even if it has no real "meaning" to you and the band.

Worst comes to worst, just click "random page" on wikipedia and you'll have your EP name.