Hello everyone.

I'm a beginner and I would like to invest in a E-Guitar.
I'm learning my way through with Learn&Master Guitar Legacy (gibson)

But anyway thats not my question. I want to invest in a beginner E-Guitar.

I found already these two.

Ibanez Jump Start GRX70

http://www.musik-produktiv.de/de/ibanez-jump-start-grx70-dxju-bkn.html

and

Yamaha EG112

http://www.musik-produktiv.de/de/yamaha-eg112gpbl-black.html

I think these two are some good beginner guitars but i would like to have some feedback from you guys

anyway ! I would like to buy a Guitar which will allow me to play some Metal, Hard Rock, alternative rock.

If you have any good Guitar you can recommend me, dont hesitate !!

I'm waiting to hear from you guys ! Thanks for everyone reading this thread and willing to help me
Both of those look like excellent beginner guitars to me good luck my friend
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
I think if you can afford it, you should consider picking up a guitar and amp separately, as no matter how good you play, you will never be satisfied with the sound out of those crappy packaged amps.

Even something like Squier's bog-standard Strat will sound decent when played through something like a 15W Line 6 Spider amp. It might seem like a big expense for a beginner, but it would save money in the long run.
Quote by MONSTA42
I think if you can afford it, you should consider picking up a guitar and amp separately, as no matter how good you play, you will never be satisfied with the sound out of those crappy packaged amps.

Even something like Squier's bog-standard Strat will sound decent when played through something like a 15W Line 6 Spider amp. It might seem like a big expense for a beginner, but it would save money in the long run.

I'm really hesitating between buying a pack or just The guitar and amp separately.

For know I'm thinking of buying the Yamaha EG 112. Some people seems to love this one.

But now I'm thinking, If someone can tell me any good guitar I could buy for 300 dolar. I'm really a beginner in E-Guitar so I'm scarred of making the wrong purchase. There is so much choice out there.
Quote by Irawyn
I'm really hesitating between buying a pack or just The guitar and amp separately.

For know I'm thinking of buying the Yamaha EG 112. Some people seems to love this one.

But now I'm thinking, If someone can tell me any good guitar I could buy for 300 dolar. I'm really a beginner in E-Guitar so I'm scarred of making the wrong purchase. There is so much choice out there.

What style do you play? punk? jazz? metal?
Edit: whoops missed it in the first post.

I'd get a 1-humbucker guitar if you're not planning to use kill switch. For 300 bucks I got the Deryck Whibley Telecaster by special order and I love it. if you're planning to do kill switch I'd get the Squier Telecaster Custom (or custom II). i'd get the esp he mentioned above also. if you're planning to solo later I'd get an ibanez or a jackson and shove an 81/85 emg combo into it. Any guitar you get you should replace the pickups. It's expensive now but it will be worth it later on. YOU MUST REPLACE THE PICKUPS!!!!

Amp? I'd take the spider line 6 spider 4 15 watt. Great amp. Also Traynor DynaGain is nice. I'd get an amp modeler/pedal/stompbox. Boss distortion, metal core are nice. Line 6 amp modelers are great but expensive so I wouldn't be willing to get them since they're soo expensive. DigiTech RP55 (or any of the RP's) are quite nice, not as thick as boss or line 6 but cheaper.

So I'd definitely get the Squier Deryck Whibley Telecaster or Squier telecaster Custom II and Line 6 Spider IV 15 because it already has an amp modeler in it. Traynor DynaGain 10+Boss Metalcore is also about the same price but with a better modeler (you can probably upgrade your amp later though).

Total cost? $500(CAD)+tax
not too bad.
Last edited by dragonkidkoga at Nov 24, 2011,
Add Epiphone and Schecter into one of your choices too.

They are great even for the mid to pro levels.
Quote by dragonkidkoga

I'd get a 1-humbucker guitar if you're not planning to use kill switch. For 300 bucks I got the Deryck Whibley Telecaster by special order and I love it. if you're planning to do kill switch I'd get the Squier Telecaster Custom (or custom II). i'd get the esp he mentioned above also. if you're planning to solo later I'd get an ibanez or a jackson and shove an 81/85 emg combo into it. Any guitar you get you should replace the pickups. It's expensive now but it will be worth it later on. YOU MUST REPLACE THE PICKUPS!!!!

Do you mean i even have to buy new pickups if I would buy an Squier Deryck Whibley Telecaster ? Aren't those built in good enough on a Squier ?
Anyone else could tell me if it's better if I should buy a Beginner Pack or if I should buy my E-Guitar and amp separately ?
With a sig guitar like the Deryk Whatever you are paying a little more money for the name on the guitar. a squier telli should be just fine if you wanna go that route. You may want to check out the Epiphone G-400, it is a very nice guitar and only runs ~$299 USD new.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The Ibanez GRGA Is a decent starter guitar if you are going to buy used. Other wise I would find a used guitar. Something with a carved top and fixed bridge or a basic trem. Floyd guitars will just piss you off when you start. BUY THE GUITAR AND AMP SEP..... If you don't you'll fall into the never ending I'll just upgrade my practice amp for another practice amp phase.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Last edited by Briyan_15 at Nov 25, 2011,
If you are only a beginner, then I'd recommend a Squier Junior Custom Telecaster. Perfect fret leveling with amazing tone. When I tested it out back in the store, it was awesome.
I saw an Epiphone Les Paul Junior on sale at Musicians Friend for $99.00 But I think it was a Black Friday offer. Not sure if it's still good or not
2010 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2011 PRS SE Santana limited edition of 25
2007 Ibanez SZ520QM-VCB
2009 Washburn Renegade WM23
Vox 20W Valvetronix

Ohh i really like the Epiphone SG G-400 !! seems like a good guitar to start with. Anyone some last comments on this one ? Epiphone seems like a good brand and what a nice sound i heard on some reviews.
Quote by Guitarbaddie
New amp

yeah I just have to find a good beginner Amp now. Any recommandation ?
Ibanez and Yamaha are both great brands, but don't get any of the starter packages you listed.

Given what you want to play, I recommend either an Ibanez RG120 or a Yamaha Pacifica.

A Roland Cube amp would be great too, since it's not expensive when compared to other practice amps, and is very versatile.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Irawyn
yeah I just have to find a good beginner Amp now. Any recommandation ?

Don't you already have two guitars?

Used Vypyr 30w for ampz
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Don't you already have two guitars?

Used Vypyr 30w for ampz

I already own a Washburn D10QSB but now i want to learn how to use a E-Guitar. That's why i think i might go with the Epiphone G400. I'm going to go try it in a store near my place next week.

Now for the amp I was more looking for something beneath the 100$

The Roland Cube 15xl seems nice but again i know nothing about amps for E-Guitars. Some people find the 20xl or 40xl better.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1441157

Any idea for a cheaper amp beneath 100$ ?

edit : by the way the Cube got a nice review here on the other side.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/roland/cube_15x/index.html
Last edited by Irawyn at Nov 26, 2011,