Ok so I'm looking at this tab of Star Spangled Banner in total guitar and some of the harmonics say 3.2 and 2.4
What does it mean? How do I play them?
Obviously I know how to play a harmonic but I've never come across ones with decimals in.
Key gear:
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gary Moore (Lemon Burst)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White)
BC Rick Mockingbird ST (Red Quilt)
Laney IronHeart 60 watt head w/4x12 cab
Boss V-Wah
I'd assume 2.4 means about halfway between the 2nd and 3rd fret.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
maybe its indicating that you play a natural harmonic in between frets?

idk what else it could be
Quote by StewieSwan
I'd assume 2.4 means about halfway between the 2nd and 3rd fret.

This. When you're on the lower frets decimals are used for more precision; 2.4 would be a completely different note from 2.7, for example.
It's because the harmonic series gives no fucks about the arbitrary limits of your fretboard, and thus a fair number of upper harmonics are between frets.

Basically, you just have to figure out where it is yourself. The decimals give you a rough estimate, but they're not exactly perfect.
Quote by Holy Katana
It's because the harmonic series gives no fucks about the arbitrary limits of your fretboard, and thus a fair number of upper harmonics are between frets.

Basically, you just have to figure out where it is yourself. The decimals give you a rough estimate, but they're not exactly perfect.

This. Play around and get a feel for it, which can be difficult as it's not the same as the frets under them, obviously.
cheers guys. much appreciated
Key gear:
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gary Moore (Lemon Burst)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White)
BC Rick Mockingbird ST (Red Quilt)
Laney IronHeart 60 watt head w/4x12 cab
Boss V-Wah
Note frequencies are spaced at logarithmic distances though... lol, confusion!
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB