What's the difference between the '62 and the '69 Fender custom shop Strat pickups?
There are no (to my knowledge) 62 CS pickups.

There are the 57/62 pickups which come in the USA reissues and are also available alone. They have staggered, beveled-edge alnico v magnets with formvar wire.

The 69 pickups are Custom Shop. The magnets are staggered but not beveled. They have cloth lead wires, fiber bobbins, and are wax potted to prevent microphonics.

I have a 62 Reissue with the 57/62 pickups as well as a 61 Strat with CS 69s in it (my 61 is an original body and neck with repro everything else) and I love the CS 69 but the 57/62 sound good too - just different.

The 69s are about $20 more but both are a good value.
Quote by e-taubs
There are no (to my knowledge) 62 CS pickups.

There are the 57/62 pickups which come in the USA reissues and are also available alone. They have staggered, beveled-edge alnico v magnets with formvar wire.

The 69 pickups are Custom Shop. The magnets are staggered but not beveled. They have cloth lead wires, fiber bobbins, and are wax potted to prevent microphonics.

I have a 62 Reissue with the 57/62 pickups as well as a 61 Strat with CS 69s in it (my 61 is an original body and neck with repro everything else) and I love the CS 69 but the 57/62 sound good too - just different.

The 69s are about $20 more but both are a good value.

How would you describe the sound difference between the 57/62 and the '69?