Page 1 of 5
Maybe probably not.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by neidnarb11890
No, rock music was started by Negroes, not pussy white boys.

I thought that was blues?
Then in the 50's Elvis came along and stopped singing towards the end and there was a period where everything was dominated with pop music, but then the beach boys came along with what i believe Rock music, which then lead across sea bands like the beatles, rolling stones etc.
The SMiLE Sessions is the shit. Imagine what The Beatles would have put out to try and top that. Oh, man, I get wet just thinking about it.
The Brits in the British Invasion were much more inspired by black musicians from the US. People tend to think that a lot of white music groups/artists got rock started but they are the ones who made it popular among white people because if a black guy played it most people didn't care.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
No. But they were awesome.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
That's like asking if Mozart was the start of classical music. You can't attribute one band or person to starting a whole genre.

Mozart, isn't that a cheese?
Quote by mikeyknowsbetter
Then in the 50's Elvis came along and stopped singing towards the end and there was a period where everything was dominated with pop music, but then the beach boys came along with what i believe Rock music, which then lead across sea bands like the beatles, rolling stones etc.

Blues and jazz are the roots of rock, both of which were mostly done by black people...
Quote by mikeyknowsbetter

lrn2musichistory
Beach Boys released their first album in 62. So did Dylan and The Beatles the year after. The Beatles were definitely more rock than The Beach Boys were around 63, and in 64 Dylan released Bringing It All Back Home which too is a lot more rock than Beach Boys stuff from this era.

Besides that, rock started in the 50's didn't it.
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Nov 24, 2011,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
You meant that right?

Nope.

I pretty much hate the Beach Boys.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by Jazz Funeral
Nope.

Too bad. They are spectacular.
Quote by Jazz Funeral
Nope.

Really?

That means you're pretty much on the musically intellectual level of 12 year-olds and metalheads.
Quote by Jazz Funeral
Nope.

This, the beach boys are cheesy as it gets. Really happy and chirpy and lame sounding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS9gQeOzQMk
This kind of stuff got rock music goin.

Quote by due 07
Really?

That means you're pretty much on the musically intellectual level of 12 year-olds and metalheads.

No you! The Beach Boys are one of the most irritating bands to ever exist.
I always thought of Buddy Holly as the guy that got rock n roll going.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
"pure" rock was never a very good genre anyway so I really don't care. Few if any bands that are defined as rock/rock and roll interest me the slightest. It's a boring genre filled with mediocre music.
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Nov 24, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures

No you! The Beach Boys are one of the most irritating bands to ever exist.

When it comes to music, you are my nigga.
Quote by due 07
Really?

Not true at all. I have a rather huge and varied collection of music. It's just that the Beach Boys, well, how can I put this...

Quote by Zoot Allures
This, the beach boys are cheesy as it gets. Really happy and chirpy and lame sounding.

The Beach Boys are one of the most irritating bands to ever exist.

Well, that's a nice way to say it. I'll just go with what Zoot said here.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Last edited by Jazz Funeral at Nov 24, 2011,
Quote by neidnarb11890
No, rock music was started by Negroes, not pussy white boys.

sigged
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Quote by Zoot Allures
My previous link is the perfect pop song if there was any justice in the world ; - ;

Didn't you say Chuck Berry was rock?

He's not good either way.
Page 1 of 5