Okay, so I want an acoustic-electric guitar, I don't know much about acoustics, I always played my crappy 50$ yamaha since I only really cared for electrics...but well now I see how much I need a new one. I can't really go to a guitar shop and test each guitar since I live in Brazil and plan to buy it on Ebay.

So I was hoping you guys could help me, I am looking for an ACOUSTIC-ELECTRIC guitar for rock (progressive rock/hard rock to be more exact). I really like the sound of the acoustic guitar on: Rush's 2112, Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick, and Yes' Roundabout (don't know if that helps).

BY THE WAY IT MUST BE UNDER 600$ BUCKS, and even though sound is the most important thing...a guitar that is also beautiful would obviously be nice. Thanks for the help and sorry for grammar mistakes!
you want looks and sound? look no further than the plethora of ovations on ebay. ovations sound great plugged in. excellent electronics, built in tuners. amazing quality if you stay away from the korean made ones. beauty? thats a hard one...look up my ovation 1778t-rft or 1778t-oft.or for more plain, try the 1778tx-5gsm. is that your idea of beautiful? mid or deep body is what your looking for. the adamas line is the better line but good luck getting one under 1000. for 600 there are some great LX's on ebay. get one with just the upper bout sound holes if you like great bassy type guitars, they dont sacrifice on brightness either. i have some very high end acoustics but find myself going back to my trusted ovations most of the time. they love to play bands like A7X and shinedown.
you can check out various takamine electro acoustic for that price range.

Quote by stepchildusmc
you want looks and sound? look no further than the plethora of ovations on ebay. ovations sound great plugged in. excellent electronics, built in tuners. amazing quality if you stay away from the korean made ones. beauty? thats a hard one...look up my ovation 1778t-rft or 1778t-oft.or for more plain, try the 1778tx-5gsm. is that your idea of beautiful? mid or deep body is what your looking for. the adamas line is the better line but good luck getting one under 1000. for 600 there are some great LX's on ebay. get one with just the upper bout sound holes if you like great bassy type guitars, they dont sacrifice on brightness either. i have some very high end acoustics but find myself going back to my trusted ovations most of the time. they love to play bands like A7X and shinedown.

Man, I like ovation's sound but for some reason I think it's very uncomfortable...do you have any other suggestions like maybe taylor, seagull,etc
never played a seagull. i do have a couple of taylors(K10 6 and a 855ce 12 string). for some reason the ovations feel better to me, i love the electric style necks. i hardly touch my taylor 6, rather play the ovations. my contour back 2078 is probably the most comfortable one i own. no good music shops where i live so, i live by ebay's guitar selection. most guitars i do get to play feel too delicate. another good choice is a greg bennett(my ASDM is the crappiest one i have) acoustic or yamaha... cant go wrong with the 700 series yamaha. your looking in the 600 range so that rules out most taylors/martins... etc...for what your requirements are the ovation elite series is the best choice.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!