soi hate to bring squiers into anything.. but im on a tight budget and am either going to buy a squier classic vibe statocaster 50's, or a squier vintage modified stratocaster SSS
wich one?
Both are actually not bad guitars at all if your on a budget. Play them both and then decide which you like more.

I would also look into buying a MIM start (used) at that price.
the classic vibe strats have a very good reputation with fender guys. the necks on the 50s style have lacquer on them which some people (myself included) don't really care for. this is how original fenders were. as i recall the VM have a satin neck (might be wrong though been a while since i played one).
i thought i'd mention that i mostly play alternative/grunge/rock... lots of 90's era stuff... but just as often, i play blues/classic rock/southern rock.... i have a Jet City 20watt tube amp..
The Classic Vibe is better, but more expensive.

The CV 50s has Alnico 3 pickups, which are associated with a more vintage Strat sound, the CV 60s has Alnico 5s which are more modern-y, and the Vintage Modified ones have Duncan Designed pickups which, I am 60% sure, are ceramic, so they'll be the most modern sounding.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
thank you! and by the way the VM and CV both cost excactly the same (330$)
Quote by jumpnjax
thank you! and by the way the VM and CV both cost excactly the same (330$)

The Strats cost the same, but throughout the series VMs are cheaper, especially the basses.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Last edited by kangaxxter at Nov 27, 2011,
u know what would be better than both ? ltd st-203 or st203fr. that thing has pretty good reviews. i wud say buy that instead. check put rob chappers review on youtube.
Quote by gnr88
u know what would be better than both ? ltd st-203 or st203fr. that thing has pretty good reviews. i wud say buy that instead. check put rob chappers review on youtube.

Fair cop but I think a strat is the best at being a strat shaped guitar... call me crazy
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
I played a Classic Vibe whilst looking for my new guitar. The tone was really good, I just didn't get along with the shape of it.
We sell both at my store. I'd go for the CV, but that's just personal taste.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER