Please help, i can find the picture of the minor extended pentatonic but cant kind the major scale extended version. Please help!
They're related dude. If you shift the root note to the major equivalent, you'll have the major pentatonic.

Past that, would you know how to use it? Why not just learn the major and minor scales, which are the pentatonics with two extra notes.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by Jmccorkle1222
i know know both of them, i just wanted to have diff octave selection..

I'm unsure what this means. Could you explain?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
TS, basically what you are asking is the shape of the pentatonic scale in all 5 position? However, since we are on a theory forum I'll say it could be more beneficial to learn how major and minor scale are constructed and to learn the notes of the fretboard. The you won't need the shapes anyway.
Last edited by SuperWeirdoUG at Nov 25, 2011,
I hate the term "extended" pentatonic as it implies you're thinking it's some kind of separate entity. It's not, the major pentatonic scale, like any scale, exists all over the fretboard. A pentatonic scale has 5 notes, and anywhere you can find those notes you can find the scale.

So nothing's "extended" at all because nothing's different, you're just looking at the same 5 notes in different places. As far as shapes go, the shape of the major pentatonic scale is EXACTLY the same as the shape of the relative minor pentatonic scale, so you're not actually going to learn anything different if you simply look at the patterns.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Jmccorkle1222
Please help, i can find the picture of the minor extended pentatonic but cant kind the major scale extended version. Please help!

According to this, you already know that.... and much more.