Hi everyone,
Recently purchased a Crate V32 Palomino.
Amazing tone for hard rock/classic rock. But I can't seem to get it into metal territory(pretty obvious-I didn't buy it for metal). Metal is not my MAIN concern though, just play it from time to time.
I've got $200 to spend on some good pedals, a good OD/Dist, Chorus, Wah, EQ, etc.
What do you recommend?
Probably the heaviest I need is Metallica style gain.
Boss OS-2. Overdrive and distortion in one and both sound great. People talk a lot of smack about boss pedals, and some of it is deserved, but this pedal is awesome.
Quote by CavemanJB
Boss OS-2. Overdrive and distortion in one and both sound great. People talk a lot of smack about boss pedals, and some of it is deserved, but this pedal is awesome.

200usd budget and you recommend one of Boss' many pedals that can be found used for like 50-60?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
200usd budget and you recommend one of Boss' many pedals that can be found used for like 50-60?

Could you recommend something better? Thanks.
what you really want to decide is, what do you need and what level of quality do you want have. there are literally hundreds and hundreds of pedals that one pedalwouldn't fit your budget.

when i am buying a pedal i buy somewhat like, how often am i going to use this pedal in a set/gig. if its a chorus you only use on one song, getting one for $60 used may not be a bad thing. but if you use it every time you use your clean tone, i would spend a lot more on it, because it is being used more and heard more.

honestly get a tubescreamer type thing for OD (no it wont get you metal), get the one you like. i love my Fulltone OCD, i also love my MI Audio Blues Pro, there are tons to check out. ibanez even has a lower end tubescreamer for under $50 IIRC.

so what do you need? how many do you need? i really don't think we can give you a good answer without that information.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Okay, I will try my best to explain.
I would rather not buy any low quality pedals, as I have an RP90. If there's something, as you said-that I would use for 1 or 2 songs, I'll use the RP90's effects.
But I use a chorus on nearly all my clean sounds, and Wah on alot of solos.
So a chorus and Wah is really important. Maybe a half-decent delay too.
I've looked at the Standard Crybaby, Vox V847. The EHX Neo clone and Small clone seem to be good too. Any other choices?
Also, how important is an EQ pedal, and how exactly do use it? Is the amp's onboard EQ not enough?
i had a V32 and for metal i used an EH Metal Muff. worked really well for metal sounds on the clean channel. i tried an overdrive but found that the amps distortion sound was to dark sounding to begin and the overdrive didn't clean the sound up much just made it darker sounding. the MM has a very responsive EQ and a very smooth sounding distortion that worked well for classic metal and thrash style tones (don't play modern metal so i can't comment on that. if you turn down the gain you can get some nice overdriven tones (won't get really clean though).

take a look at the Morley Classic Wah it works well for clean and distorted sounds. has a seperate on/off switch so you don't have to worry about turning it off by accident.
Last edited by monwobobbo at Nov 25, 2011,
Maybe a Barber Dirty Bomb?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Thanks, I'll try those pedals out.
What about a nice chorus? And my question on EQ's..?
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion Pedal or Digitech Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion. both are great and should handle your needs.
I made a list of the pedals, and will try to demo them all tomorrow.
BTW, how is the Line 6 M13?
There's one for $249 used at GC.
Quote by dax96
Okay, I will try my best to explain.
I would rather not buy any low quality pedals, as I have an RP90. If there's something, as you said-that I would use for 1 or 2 songs, I'll use the RP90's effects.
But I use a chorus on nearly all my clean sounds, and Wah on alot of solos.
So a chorus and Wah is really important. Maybe a half-decent delay too.
I've looked at the Standard Crybaby, Vox V847. The EHX Neo clone and Small clone seem to be good too. Any other choices?
Also, how important is an EQ pedal, and how exactly do use it? Is the amp's onboard EQ not enough?

You're on the right track. Pick up a couple that you really like for now, and invest some good money in them.

Sounds like you're after a chorus pedal.

Take a look at the Malekko Omicron, Cmatmods Analog Chorus, Analogman Chorus, Jam Pedals Waterfall. I think I listed those by price.

For a nice wah at an affordable price, take a look at the older Budda Budwahs, maybe a CAE wah. Look into RMC stuff if you want to spend a little more money.

If I were you, I'd just buy one at a time, and save up in between.