Page 1 of 3
Hello guys.

I'm doing research for an article I'm writing on Fight Club the movie. I need to hear some reasons for why different people like the movie. If you could post your age along with the post, that'd be super beneficial as well.

Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
First rule.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Who likes Fight Club?

It's a movie about SOAP!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
wtf why is my text box highlighted in orange
iv never seen fight club, now suck my penis!
do it!
now!
ok times up, you missed your chance.....
wait theres more! for the next 27 and a quarter seconds my penis is available for sucking in this special 2 for 1 deal! you can suck my penis twice as hard for the price of 1!
Because people like watching people do the things they wish they could do.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
i only watch the movie but its an interesting piece. It has elements to appeal to mainstream audiences looking for cheap thrills, but its also got a lot of "layers" to it, stuff to think about. So i guess its not a too "artsy" sort of movie either.

i really like the song at the end, anybody know what it is?
Quote by piratemetalhead
i only watch the movie but its an interesting piece. It has elements to appeal to mainstream audiences looking for cheap thrills, but its also got a lot of "layers" to it, stuff to think about. So i guess its not a too "artsy" sort of movie either.

i really like the song at the end, anybody know what it is?

It's in Primus2112's post.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
im 19 and fight club is my favorite movie I like it because everytime you watch it ,it gets better and better because you see more things you didnt see before. It also brings a very good point about how were a nation of men raised by women and how we need to escape from our mundane lives and do something that is striking back at the people that are making soceity this way in some way (maybe not as harsh as the movie). and also the twist, best twist. and the characters are ****ing incredible.
Rattle Your Goddamn Head!
Quote by Firenze
It's in Primus2112's post.

ah tthanks both of youss ^^

you know, they really used this tune clever. Listening to it by itself its a cool one, but in that end scene, you really feel like the world is falling apart to this sort of passively angsty rock tune
I'm 26

I like Fight Club because it is a quintessential post-modern movie. That is, a movie that calls attention to the fact that it is a movie. Also, I like the message that we should not identify ourselves with our possessions.
Quote by Thrill-house
Honestly I hated Fight Club, it was really stupid.

THRILLHO

First the White Stripes, now this?

I used to think you were cool, man
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
18, it's good shit because it's entertaining as fack, raises socio-cultural issues in a way that is blatantly honest, has brilliant plot and character development (and brilliant actors) and basically puts you into an existential crisis for the next couple of years, something necessary for everyone.
Sig.
Quote by Primus2112
THRILLHO

First the White Stripes, now this?

I used to think you were cool, man

Hey, I'm still cool.
I like Meatloaf's tits.
Who wrote the blood and water chapter anyway? Probably some surly dad, only child, thirty cats.
Quote by The_Sophist
Because people like watching people do the things they wish they could do.

Bingo
Two of my favorite actors in the movie who by the way did a phenomenal job. The movie itself has a bit of everything, bit comedy, action, drama etc..

I like Brad Pitts style and physique in that film. I remember seeing shitty, ill-fitting red leather jackets all over the place after it came out.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I'm 15 now, and I was 14 when I first read the book and watched the movie. Probably because it was so anti-coporate and it was about a guy trying to find his way in the world. It was the time when my mom was trying to shortsell the house before we got foreclosed and I was generally depressed from a lot of other things. gave me a lot to chew on.
I'm 12 and what is this?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by kaos572
It also brings a very good point about how were a nation of men raised by women

Literally what is that even supposed to mean? We all have mothers?
Meat Loafs has tits.

It's also about speaking up and not letting people tell you what to do. People like that aspect to films.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
I've watched it a lot and it hasn't gotten old yet.

oh, and hot guys of course
cat
Quote by MadClownDisease

It means grow some balls. In this context the "being raised by women" implies most men are pussies.
Quote by MadClownDisease

lol

It has a good plot, good twist, good acting, it's funny and it has lots of fighting, can't really go wrong with that. Its appeals to both film geeks and casual viewers due to the plot/message being both simple and complex.

oh and 18
Last edited by Duffman123 at Nov 25, 2011,
Whenever i watch fightclub i get the urge to work out like a hard mother****er because of Brad Pitt's physique in the film. Then it dawns on me that he is just actually extremely skinny in the movie.
There's riddles in the shadows
They're thrown the way that i'd expect
And people never seem to know
What they least suspect is coming next
Page 1 of 3